LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 437 users in the forums

The toughest part of our schedule

Shop Find 49ers gear online
is now over with. We are 3-4 with only one tough loss to the Falcons (4-3) to speak of. Vikings (7-1) and Colts (7-0) are the powerhouses in the NFL, and each team we played to the brink of a win. And the Texans (5-3) are a skilled team and Hill nearly sunk us in the first half, having his worst game as a pro. Ill take a 3-4 record and 3-0 in the NFC West after the chaos that the team has been put through. I mean c'mon, between Crabtree and the QB battle and Marvel retires and Frank goes down for a few weeks; weve had our share of turmoil. I expect things to smooth out starting Sunday.

Sun Nov. 8 Titans - 1-6
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - 4-3
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - 4-3
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - 3-4
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - 2-5
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - 4-3
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - 5-2
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - 1-6
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - 1-7

NFC West belongs to the Niners this year. Weve shown we can compete with the best. This is the year we take the next step.
Last week I made reference to the mid/end year collapses that the Cardinals usually go through (started this year with the Carolina game). I think that coupled with our remaining schedule will be enough to get us the win in the West.

The only remaining game that really worries me is against the Eagles.
I can easly see us going 6-3 over the course of the last 9 games. I'm really, really, really hoping to go 7-2.
Originally posted by NinerForLife:
Last week I made reference to the mid/end year collapses that the Cardinals usually go through (started this year with the Carolina game). I think that coupled with our remaining schedule will be enough to get us the win in the West.

The only remaining game that really worries me is against the Eagles.

i was going to reply then i read yours perfectly put great post
If we can beat the Titans, Lions, Rams, Seattle, and Arizona that will give us 8 wins. Throw in a win against the Jags and we are 9-7. That should be enough to win the division with the tie breaker over Arizona.There are other winnable games on the schedule, but these are the ones we HAVE to win.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
One game at a time. We've been though this thought process for the past three seasons.
Originally posted by GEEK:
One game at a time. We've been though this thought process for the past three seasons.

• flow
  • Veteran
It's simple: if we beat the Titans and Arizona loses to the Bears, we control our own destiny.
The toughest part of our schedule is behind us, but that doesn't mean it's going to be easy from here on out. For example, I think the 9ers should easily be able to beat the Titans, but I also see that game as a potential trap game. The 9ers could be upset tomorrow, and that's the deal with the 9ers right now; they're good enough to win most of their remaining games, but there's no guaranteed win anywhere on their schedule.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by GEEK:

12-4 here we come!
I like the optimism but the cards schedule is pretty cake from here out.They play two teams above .500 after the Bears game..We are going to have to be pretty much perfect at home to make it happen this year. Hopefully the cards lose a few that they shouldn't. We can do it but I don't think it will be easy and we have to beat the teams we are supposed to, and some.

9 Sun, Nov 8 @ Chicago
10 Sun, Nov 15 Seattle
11 Sun, Nov 22 @ St. Louis
12 Sun, Nov 29 @ Tennessee
13 Sun, Dec 6 Minnesota
14 Mon, Dec 14 @ San Francisco
15 Sun, Dec 20 @ Detroit
16 Sun, Dec 27 St. Louis
17 Sun, Jan 3 Green Bay
Originally posted by fzrdave:
The toughest part of our schedule is behind us, but that doesn't mean it's going to be easy from here on out. For example, I think the 9ers should easily be able to beat the Titans, but I also see that game as a potential trap game. The 9ers could be upset tomorrow, and that's the deal with the 9ers right now; they're good enough to win most of their remaining games, but there's no guaranteed win anywhere on their schedule.

Well said. Niners aren't good enough, yet, to take any games for granted.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by fzrdave:

Well said. Niners aren't good enough, yet, to take any games for granted.
Way too much rational thought going on here... am I really in Niner Talk?
Share 49ersWebzone