There are 175 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What are the odds that Niners win Superbowl? 65/1

According to Las Vegas odds makers at the midseason point. Here are the odds for the top twenty teams-

New Orleans Saints - 3/1
Indianapolis Colts - 5/1
New England Patriots - 11/2
Minnesota Vikings - 8/1
Pittsburgh Steelers - 10/1
Baltimore Ravens - 13/1
Philadelphia Eagles - 14/1
Dallas Cowboys - 18/1
New York Giants - 18/1
Denver Broncos - 22/1
San Diego Chargers - 22/1
Cincinnati Bengals - 25/1
Arizona Cardinals - 35/1
Chicago Bears - 35/1
Green Bay Packers - 35/1
Houston Texans - 35/1
Atlanta Falcons - 40/1
Miami Dolphins - 60/1
New York Jets - 60/1
San Francisco 49ers - 65/1
Link

Do you think those odds are right? Too high or too low?
I don't understand odds. How is it 65 to 1 if there are only 32 teams?

Shouldn't it be 32 to 1 or 31 to 1?

Originally posted by TexasGuero49:

im putting 1000 on the niners
Originally posted by doodle:

What....I truley don't understand how the system work's....
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Having Dumb and Dumber being one of my favorite movies of all time, with me memorizing almost every line, this picture is off on all accounts. He doesn't say those words during that part of the movie, and when he does, those aren't even the correct words!

sorry for being such a pic-nazi

"Traditional odds are usually expressed as a ratio, such as 4-1, which means that for every dollar you bet on the underdog, you will get $4 in return if your side wins. You can also bet on the favorite, but the return is significantly lower."

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-do-sports-odds-work.htm
65 to 1 huh? Honestly, I think the 9ers are actually a longer shot than that this year, but next year, watch out.
Originally posted by FourNine49:

Having Dumb and Dumber being one of my favorite movies of all time, with me memorizing almost every line, this picture is off on all accounts. He doesn't say those words during that part of the movie, and when he does, those aren't even the correct words!

Give me a break. It took me like one min to make this.
Originally posted by FourNine49:

Give me a break. It took me like one min to make this.

well, at least you referenced this movie. kudos for that

"Traditional odds are usually expressed as a ratio, such as 4-1, which means that for every dollar you bet on the underdog, you will get $4 in return if your side wins. You can also bet on the favorite, but the return is significantly lower."

oohhh..... Thanks bro

oohhh..... Thanks bro

No prob. Now, go place your bet!
Seriously considering our odds, what has to happen:

1. Our line has to come together to give Alex enough time to pass. They also have to start creating some holes for Gore.

2. Gore has to remain healthy the rest of the year

3. Crabtree and our receiving corps need to come alive, break a few for TD's to run up the score.

4. VD needs to keep playing the way he has.

5. Our defense needs to play just like they did earlier in the season and against the Colts. Our secondary could improve a bit.

6. Jimmy Raye and Alex Smith need to get on the same page.

If those 6 things happen, I think we're going to be a very good team. But there is no Superbowl if we don't get to the playoffs first. That should be our first objective. If we do get there, there's a good chance we might be the playing Minnesota again. Payback time...there's a remote chance that the Williams might be suspended later in the season, since the NFL is still trying to sort that out. We could also end up playing Philadelphia, Dallas or New Orleans. I like how we match up with Dallas and Philadelphia, but New Orleans is scary. They could abuse us like Atlanta did.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Seriously considering our odds, what has to happen:

1. Our line has to come together to give Alex enough time to pass. They also have to start creating some holes for Gore.

2. Gore has to remain healthy the rest of the year

3. Crabtree and our receiving corps need to come alive, break a few for TD's to run up the score.

4. VD needs to keep playing the way he has.

5. Our defense needs to play just like they did earlier in the season and against the Colts. Our secondary could improve a bit.

6. Jimmy Raye and Alex Smith need to get on the same page.

If those 6 things happen, I think we're going to be a very good team. But there is no Superbowl if we don't get to the playoffs first. That should be our first objective. If we do get there, there's a good chance we might be the playing Minnesota again. Payback time...there's a remote chance that the Williams might be suspended later in the season, since the NFL is still trying to sort that out. We could also end up playing Philadelphia, Dallas or New Orleans. I like how we match up with Dallas and Philadelphia, but New Orleans is scary. They could abuse us like Atlanta did.
Thats alot of things to fall into place, #1 being the toughest.