There are 228 users in the forums

Shaun Hill as Scout Team QB against the Titans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Can't believe this Hill vs. Smith thing is still going on.

All I can say is, if Smith cannot muster up a win vs. Tennessee, get his ass outta there and put Hill back in. I'm happy the guy is playing well, but we need some W's.

Yeah , after a game and half Smith sucks again , I knew it, what was coach thinking? It's hard to believe this Smith vs Hill thing is still going on? Then stop perpetuating it , nobody mentioned Smith until you did

All I can say is, if Smith cannot muster up a win vs. Tennessee, get his ass outta there and put Hill back in. I'm happy the guy is playing well, but we need some W's.

I would LOVE to hear your brilliant reasoning behind this statement. Any fool who has watched Hill play can clearly see that Smith is the superior option at this time......
Originally posted by WINiner:

I would LOVE to hear your brilliant reasoning behind this statement. Any fool who has watched Hill play can clearly see that Smith is the superior option at this time......

he maybe superior as a QB....but in the offense we are trying to run.... I still don't know...... I really don't know what I want right now myself...

Alex looks good out there.....but we need to use him more....this is what I thought would happen if he was brought in....we would be passing it deep more....and more creative plays......but with Raye as our OC or Sing deciding our strategy in games.... I need to see more from Alex before deciding if he should stay out there as a starter the rest of the year...and it is not really because of Alex, but more so because of our stubborn coaching staff.

it is real stupid, but the reality of the situation is we are just trying to keep the game close and trying to win late with a TD drive or what ever in the 4th QTR... (like we have a couple of times with Hill)......its like they are trying to do the same thing with Alex......the problem is... so far Hill looks comfortable out there in the 4th qtr when the game is on the line and we need a long nice drives that end with a score.

so far in 2 games....when Alex has had a chance to drive down field and with or tie a game, it hasn't worked out....a combination of Oline and Alex...

first game, like I have said already I don't blame Alex because we came back into the game because of him....but one that one drive, it didn't work out...there was alot of time on that clock when that INT happened.

2nd game vs the Colts.....with Raye/Sing gameplan....we just tried to keep it close, EVEN though our defense was giving us opportunity to blow the Colts out.....so they ask Alex to drive one more time down the field late in the 4th qtr.....and it didn't work out....again....Oline and Alex to blame.

at the end of the day Wins are the only things that count.....if Alex struggles these next two games, I wouldn't be surprised if Sing made a move...

again like I have said, I don't expect Alex to struggle....he has impressed me with some of his passes....I just wish the coaching staff would allow our QBs to play.....we have playmakers on offense....we don't get penalties that stall our drives....we should be able to score on almost every drive........the OC (and Sing?) are holding us back.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 8, 2009 at 12:11:07 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Easy. If we lose to a 1-7 team Smith has to go. At least we were winning with Hill.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9ermj:

Yeah , after a game and half Smith sucks again , I knew it, what was coach thinking? It's hard to believe this Smith vs Hill thing is still going on? Then stop perpetuating it , nobody mentioned Smith until you did

Hill bashings always lead to Smith vs. Hill, see reply #25.

Exactly what problem do you have with my post?

I was replying to Afrikan who thinks that Hill's the better option since we try to squeak out games in the 4th quarter.

And yes, Smith is going to be mentioned in EVERY Hill thread and Hill is going to be mentioned in EVERY Smith thread. Get used to it.

-9fA
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

I was replying to Afrikan who thinks that Hill's the better option since we try to squeak out games in the 4th quarter.

And yes, Smith is going to be mentioned in EVERY Hill thread and Hill is going to be mentioned in EVERY Smith thread. Get used to it.

-9fA

Nothing, just pointing out that where ever Hill is mentioned, Smith is too.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

I can't say he is the better option, because it is too early....but after a couple of games and if the same stuff happens.....then either we need to switch up our offensive strategy and try to win games in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs....(I'd prefer this) or we put Hill back in there, if we still want to make the playoffs.....

but it doesn't matter what I think.....its just that I feel Singletary would feel this way....and this is what would happen if Singletary was "really" in control....but I believe Scott still has pull on this team.......so we might ride or die with Alex... I know some are ok with this....but I just want to make the playoffs....and who ever plays well with in this F'd up offensive strategy situation we are in because of our OC/Coach, I'd prefer.

it might work in winning some games....but we can't just rely on Gore and our defense.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 8, 2009 at 12:55:44 ]
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A

Easy. If we lose to a 1-7 team Smith has to go. At least we were winning with Hill.

Atlanta was a win, Houston a win , are you high?

He must ave scraped up some old moldy kronik off his carpet.

~Ceadder

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...
what are you people still doing here......go to the gameday thread...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Ummm so far we won 3 games with Hill or can you only remember Atlanta and Houston??
Share 49ersWebzone