There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shaun Hill as Scout Team QB against the Titans

Shaun Hill's practiced as the scout team QB this weak against the Titans, according to Maiocco.

Quote:
Shaun Hill was the scout team quarterback. His scrambling skills left a lot to be desired, but Singletary said the defense was made aware throughout the week of Vince Young's ability to hurt the 49ers outside the pocket.

I'm not hating on Shaun because I think the guy has his own skillset, but does anyone find the image of Shaun Hill running around like Vince Young to be pretty funny?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
why not have Nate Davis run the scout offense? Shaun Hill trying to play like V. Young just wont work. V. Young can throw the ball past 5 yards. Singletary use your head
Originally posted by backontop:
why not have Nate Davis run the scout offense? Shaun Hill trying to play like V. Young just wont work. V. Young can throw the ball past 5 yards. Singletary use your head

seriously, stfu already, stop bashing the guy, it's really getting old.
  • dman
  • Veteran
MRob?
They should have used Battle or Robinson. Those guys can actually run.
Shaun Hill is a pretty poor approximation of Vince Young. Then again, the #2 QB typically does the scout team reps, so ...
Haha. That had to be funny.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

How am I bashing the guy? Are you saying he will give an accurate impression of how V. Young plays? Maybe you should get off his nuts and stop crying everytime someone says his name.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
They should have used Battle or Robinson. Those guys can actually run.

I would've opted for this too. I mean, if we're concentrating on the Titans, we have to factor in their strengths and assimilate that in practice. Which has kind of got me worried. Singletary and Raye are always preaching about "if we take care of ourselves, then everything else will fall in place" etc etc. And that's true for the most part, but a big part of gameplanning is to adjust to what the other team has to offer. To me, that's maximizing the term: ONE GAME AT A TIME

And what makes Nate Davis more qualified to run the scout team offense, aside from your exaggerated view of Shaun Hill's arm?
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

How am I bashing the guy? Are you saying he will give an accurate impression of how V. Young plays? Maybe you should get off his nuts and stop crying everytime someone says his name.

ooh, gettin angry on a forum