There are 251 users in the forums

Who does Jed York hold accountable for his playoff promise?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
If we dont make the playoffs this year who is held accountable? And do heads roll because of it?

Who cares..if we made it to the playsoffs last year then you hold someone accountable.

We are a team finding itself still. Everything being said by sing and Jed is for motivation for everyone including the players since it's still the same team as last year.

I dont buy that for one sec. This is a business and the writing is on the wall. if you dont make the playoffs then someones got to go. Its motivation alright, but not the kind you are referring to.

"I WANT WINNERS"

So you want this team to be like the Redskins?

We dont own the FA market every year. We actually build through the draft. I dont see how that comparison is even valid? This is a business and if you cant do your job then you get fired. Just like in the real world. Should we just baby our team and not hold people accountable? That would be like accepting a losing attitude and losing is unacceptable.

So every year that we dont make the playoffs the coaching staff should be fired and we bring in a new coaching staff until we get to the playoffs, yeah that will work.

NO sing and raye should get the rest of their lives to get us to the playoffs, but bailing out after one year is just plain stupid

Who said anything about replacing a coaching staff? Where did you read that? The question is clear. Who gets held accountable? I suggested that maybe Scotty M gets the boot but thats it.

When you dont win something has to change! Its been 7 years, how long does it take to rebuild a team? IDK but 7 years to build a playoff team seems plenty long to me.

agreed.

I do believe singletary should get 3 years. At least.

But the off seasons gains an losses need to propel this team. So far this administration (owner/gm) have had below average off-seasons.

I believe in the draft- but I hate sexy wr/rb picks before lineman. (teams try to make splashes for fans)

I believe FA IS A MINEFIELD and must be navigated with caution. But good players are there.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by valrod33:
If we dont make the playoffs this year who is held accountable? And do heads roll because of it?

Who cares..if we made it to the playsoffs last year then you hold someone accountable.

We are a team finding itself still. Everything being said by sing and Jed is for motivation for everyone including the players since it's still the same team as last year.

I dont buy that for one sec. This is a business and the writing is on the wall. if you dont make the playoffs then someones got to go. Its motivation alright, but not the kind you are referring to.

"I WANT WINNERS"

So you want this team to be like the Redskins?

We dont own the FA market every year. We actually build through the draft. I dont see how that comparison is even valid? This is a business and if you cant do your job then you get fired. Just like in the real world. Should we just baby our team and not hold people accountable? That would be like accepting a losing attitude and losing is unacceptable.

So every year that we dont make the playoffs the coaching staff should be fired and we bring in a new coaching staff until we get to the playoffs, yeah that will work.

NO sing and raye should get the rest of their lives to get us to the playoffs, but bailing out after one year is just plain stupid

Who said anything about replacing a coaching staff? Where did you read that? The question is clear. Who gets held accountable? I suggested that maybe Scotty M gets the boot but thats it.

When you dont win something has to change! Its been 7 years, how long does it take to rebuild a team? IDK but 7 years to build a playoff team seems plenty long to me.

agreed.

I do believe singletary should get 3 years. At least.

But the off seasons gains an losses need to propel this team. So far this administration (owner/gm) have had below average off-seasons.

I believe in the draft- but I hate sexy wr/rb picks before lineman. (teams try to make splashes for fans)

I believe FA IS A MINEFIELD and must be navigated with caution. But good players are there.

Lets start by having a system for more than one year then start head hunting. We been like this for the past 7yrs because someone haven't had any foundation
If the season is a failure, and Sing's offensive system is seen as the reason, then you have to end it quickly and move forward.

Otherwise, it is simply a continuity of failure and that is no good.

It is probably more likely that ownership will chicken-out and fire an anonymous coach or two, maybe even Raye if the offense really continues to stink. That would be wrong, because this is Sing's offense.
Share 49ersWebzone