LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 163 users in the forums

Who does Jed York hold accountable for his playoff promise?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
If we dont make the playoffs this year who is held accountable? And do heads roll because of it?

Who cares..if we made it to the playsoffs last year then you hold someone accountable.

We are a team finding itself still. Everything being said by sing and Jed is for motivation for everyone including the players since it's still the same team as last year.

I dont buy that for one sec. This is a business and the writing is on the wall. if you dont make the playoffs then someones got to go. Its motivation alright, but not the kind you are referring to.

"I WANT WINNERS"

So you want this team to be like the Redskins?

We dont own the FA market every year. We actually build through the draft. I dont see how that comparison is even valid? This is a business and if you cant do your job then you get fired. Just like in the real world. Should we just baby our team and not hold people accountable? That would be like accepting a losing attitude and losing is unacceptable.

So every year that we dont make the playoffs the coaching staff should be fired and we bring in a new coaching staff until we get to the playoffs, yeah that will work.

NO sing and raye should get the rest of their lives to get us to the playoffs, but bailing out after one year is just plain stupid
No one. He'll write some sort of apology to the fanbase, but I don't expect any huge changes if we miss the playoffs.
If we dont make the playoffs this year who is held accountable? And do heads roll because of it?

Who cares..if we made it to the playsoffs last year then you hold someone accountable.

We are a team finding itself still. Everything being said by sing and Jed is for motivation for everyone including the players since it's still the same team as last year.

I dont buy that for one sec. This is a business and the writing is on the wall. if you dont make the playoffs then someones got to go. Its motivation alright, but not the kind you are referring to.

"I WANT WINNERS"

We dont own the FA market every year. We actually build through the draft. I dont see how that comparison is even valid? This is a business and if you cant do your job then you get fired. Just like in the real world. Should we just baby our team and not hold people accountable? That would be like accepting a losing attitude and losing is unacceptable.

We need continuity. Getting rid of people is not the answer. and if there is, no one with value is out there. players or coaches

Like it or not this is an work in progress
Originally posted by valrod33:

"I WANT WINNERS"

So every year that we dont make the playoffs the coaching staff should be fired and we bring in a new coaching staff until we get to the playoffs, yeah that will work.

NO sing and raye should get the rest of their lives to get us to the playoffs, but bailing out after one year is just plain stupid

Who said anything about replacing a coaching staff? Where did you read that? The question is clear. Who gets held accountable? I suggested that maybe Scotty M gets the boot but thats it.

When you dont win something has to change! Its been 7 years, how long does it take to rebuild a team? IDK but 7 years to build a playoff team seems plenty long to me.

"I WANT WINNERS"

We need continuity. Getting rid of people is not the answer. and if there is, no one with value is out there. players or coaches

Thats the only answer! Out with the old in with the new.
Raye and the offensive line coach. Not that it's entirely their fault, but somebody's head as to roll and I think McCoughlan and Singletary get another year.
after 09 season Norv should be available to repalce Raye

"I WANT WINNERS"

So who should we get rid of and replace them with realistically?

"I WANT WINNERS"

I think Scotty M is the head of choice IMO. Our Team isnt very good at critical positions. Like the offensive line. That has been a problem since Alex has been drafted. We keep spending high picks on Lineman but they dont pan out. Thats Scottys Fault. Also our QB situation is a mess too. We still dont know what we have at the position and we have had years to address the issue.

Scapegoat --Chris Foerster --O-line coach. Maybe outside LB coach also.
I know he said it but he said it because he believes we have the talent to make the playoffs. So someone had to put that in his head. Maybe Scotty M gets the boot? Owners dont just go spouting off about playoffs without a talented roster.

Well there were reports that Jed just says anything at owners meetings and other owners are looking at him like sit down dummy. Basically making himself look like a fool. So it's possible

the firing of mike martz.... idiots.. imagine what he could have done with smith to make him better

"I WANT WINNERS"

I think Scotty M is the head of choice IMO. Our Team isnt very good at critical positions. Like the offensive line. That has been a problem since Alex has been drafted. We keep spending high picks on Lineman but they dont pan out. Thats Scottys Fault. Also our QB situation is a mess too. We still dont know what we have at the position and we have had years to address the issue.

it's very easy to say get rid of this person when things are going down, but I doubt this will be said if we were 6-1 which we were very close at being.

If we did get rid of him, there isn't anyone out there to recruit.
THE FANS, because they didn't support RUN, RUN Raye and Singletary's Smash Mouth Fooseball!

Once there was a little ole Man.. thought he'd bust a hole in the dam.
No one can make that Man scram, he kept busting that dam.

Cause he had High Hopes !
Share 49ersWebzone