LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 391 users in the forums

Who does Jed York hold accountable for his playoff promise?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If we dont make the playoffs this year who is held accountable? And do heads roll because of it?
Originally posted by MadMartz:
If we dont make the playoffs this year who is held accountable? And do heads roll because of it?

well he IS the one who said it....
Himself.

He is. And hes not going to roll his own head. So everyone stays. Maybe Raye gets the boot.
I know he said it but he said it because he believes we have the talent to make the playoffs. So someone had to put that in his head. Maybe Scotty M gets the boot? Owners dont just go spouting off about playoffs without a talented roster.

[ Edited by MadMartz on Nov 6, 2009 at 09:25:57 ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Himself.

x2 starts at the top
Right now, we are perfectly poised to hire a HOFO, but one of the Pioli, Loomis, Parcells caliber. We could still use everyone but jimmyrae, and bigmike needs to think on that one awhile, but HC, GM could stay around, just under a HOFO/Exec VP or whatever handle you want to call him, especially since the chain of command between GM and HC is blurred, no thanks to noln. We desperately need for that guy to interface for jedi jed, who frankly is just not football ready.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Himself.

Yep.
Originally posted by 49erJim:
He is. And hes not going to roll his own head. So everyone stays. Maybe Raye gets the boot.

As bad as I hate to see us make another switch at OC, Raye has got to go!

Who cares..if we made it to the playsoffs last year then you hold someone accountable.

We are a team finding itself still. Everything being said by sing and Jed is for motivation for everyone including the players since it's still the same team as last year.

Probably the players.

But unless we finish 4-5 or worse I don't see any terminations on the horizon . . . however if Norv is available ?????? . . . I could see us going after him while reassigning Raye to another position.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Who cares..if we made it to the playsoffs last year then you hold someone accountable.

We are a team finding itself still. Everything being said by sing and Jed is for motivation for everyone including the players since it's still the same team as last year.

I dont buy that for one sec. This is a business and the writing is on the wall. if you dont make the playoffs then someones got to go. Its motivation alright, but not the kind you are referring to.

"I WANT WINNERS"

I dont buy that for one sec. This is a business and the writing is on the wall. if you dont make the playoffs then someones got to go. Its motivation alright, but not the kind you are referring to.

"I WANT WINNERS"

So you want this team to be like the Redskins?
He can't fire himself can he? Maybe his dad fires Jeb?

"I WANT WINNERS"

So you want this team to be like the Redskins?

We dont own the FA market every year. We actually build through the draft. I dont see how that comparison is even valid? This is a business and if you cant do your job then you get fired. Just like in the real world. Should we just baby our team and not hold people accountable? That would be like accepting a losing attitude and losing is unacceptable.
Share 49ersWebzone