LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

**The Free Alex Boone Thread**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hurricane:
I bet 49erman5692 is really Alex Boone

Which is Noob spelled backwards...well...with a silent "e".
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Let this guy play, he has amazing potential and if produces could be a big part of our Offensive line next year.

We all know that Sims is not the future, so I say play Boone

dude we still have a shot at the division. why would we play this practice squad guy as a starter when Sims is a much better option. this isnt a throw away season, you dont need to play guys "for the future". come on.

we need Alex Smith in one peice
we have nothing to lose, i say we give a him a shot and see how he does. Trust me, it cant get any worse than picking up guys from other teams practice squad
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Let this guy play, he has amazing potential and if produces could be a big part of our Offensive line next year.

So it doesn't matter that he doesn't have the experience or knowledge to start?

This isn't mini camp or pre-season. A blown assignment could mean a season end injury to a Alex Smith or Frank Gore. If the coaching staff doesn't seem to think he's ready, I wouldn't campaign to see it happen.

This
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Hurricane:
I bet 49erman5692 is really Alex Boone

Which is Noob spelled backwards...well...with a silent "e".

didn't even think about that
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
we have nothing to lose, i say we give a him a shot and see how he does. Trust me, it cant get any worse than picking up guys from other teams practice squad

We have quite a lot to lose. What's the problem with picking guys from other team's practice squads? Where else did you expect to get them?

Right now you have obviously given up on the season. Others here haven't. That's why they are not likely to support the idea of our newly reinvented qb being protected by a guy with six weeks experience, just to see if that guy can make it.

Lets wait till the season is in the crapper before we do that
Originally posted by redrathman:

So it doesn't matter that he doesn't have the experience or knowledge to start?

This isn't mini camp or pre-season. A blown assignment could mean a season end injury to a Alex Smith or Frank Gore. If the coaching staff doesn't seem to think he's ready, I wouldn't campaign to see it happen.

wow didnt really think of it on the injury subject but i agree 100%
Originally posted by Daniel2778:

A shot at the playoffs
Any Qb taking the snap
VD on a route because he has to stay in and block.

These are all things we have to lose by starting a guy who didn't even crack second string with Barry Sims on the roster
lol

He's a pure RT anyway.

-9fA
I just read that Sing was asked that today, and he said that Boone is making progress every day, but he isn't ready yet. That's what I've been thinking and that's good enough for me.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
What do you guys possibly see in this guy that the coaches dont.

I watched him in the pre-season and he didn't look like anything but a rookie free agent. Maybe some of you guys have some secret tape on him.
Share 49ersWebzone