There are 272 users in the forums

First Niners Game Ever!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sweet, have a good time bro. I live in LA and I still havent made it to a niner game.

[ Edited by MadMartz on Nov 6, 2009 at 10:32:51 ]
First of all, safe travels and I hope the Niners win one for you.

There is plenty to do in the City, so it depends on where you are staying for any restaurant or bar referrals.

You should park in the outer lots (5 Thomas Mellon Circle or across the street from there) because it is easier to get in and out at game's end.

Let me know what you are looking for and I will try to help out.
Haha cheers guys, don't worry, I'll only bring good luck with me...

We are staying out near the airport, but will have a rental car so any good places to eat/touristy things do do city centre or near the stadium you would recommend?

Also Dad's a bit worried about wearing Bears colours (colors sorry, ha) to the game... What's the heat like for opposing team fans? Regardless, he will be getting enough stick from me during the game anyway...
Have a safe flight man, you're lucky!!! Glad to see such a dedicated fan in NZ and hope we get to see a niner win!!!!!
Good for you man! I am going to my 1st game this year also, sad to say I have never had the opportunity to travel to CA and see the team good to see your dedication by traveling so far. My lazy ass won't even cross the US and here you are coming from a completely different country.
Hey, congrats, man! You'll love it! I made it to my first game 9ers game last month to celebrate my 10th year anniversary of being a 9ers fan...unfortunately, it was the Falcons game... Anyway, the fans, the tailgaiting, the whole experience is fantastic no matter what. Go 9ers!!!
It will be my first game too. I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is awesome man! I love going to games with my dad and my brother.. I can't wait until I go back to another game..

Have fun and enjoy.. GO NINERS!!
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by NZNiner:
Hello fellow 'Zoners,

First of all, long time reader of the webzone, first time poster.

This Thursday 12th November, one of my childhood dreams will be fulfilled as my father and I make the trip all the way from Wellington, New Zealand to San Francisco to watch my first ever live 49ers game (Niners/Bears). Have been a 49ers fan ever since we lived for a year and a half in Santa Rosa Ca, way back in 1994..

Keeping up with the team has been pretty hard living down under in NZ, only the Sunday night and Monday night games are broadcast on TV (so I've seen a few Colts/Patriots/Chargers/Cowboys games ha..) although Jerry Rice's retirement did make a small segment in the national news a few years ago...

Dad briefly lived in Chicago so is more a Bears than a Niners fan, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to make the trip this year!

I was wondering if any of you locals had any tips on where to go pre-game, any good places to eat, things to do etc.? I remember the last time I was in San Fran it was 2002 with my family and we were in the Hard Rock Cafe the night before the GB vs Niners game and the place was packed with stinking Packers fans, who were making one hell of a racket... Would love to be a part of the home team rally this time!

Thanks in advance...

Have fun! It seemed like all the Chicago dogs and pizza's are awesome. From my experience, go to the smokiest hot dog push cart, have them pile everything on that dog.....I don't know how they fit everything on there, but that is delicious.

The game is in SF.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by titan:
Hello fellow 'Zoners,

This Thursday 12th November, one of my childhood dreams will be fulfilled as my father and I make the trip all the way from Wellington, New Zealand to San Francisco to watch my first ever live 49ers game (Niners/Bears). Have been a 49ers fan ever since we lived for a year and a half in Santa Rosa Ca, way back in 1994..

Keeping up with the team has been pretty hard living down under in NZ, only the Sunday night and Monday night games are broadcast on TV (so I've seen a few Colts/Patriots/Chargers/Cowboys games ha..) although Jerry Rice's retirement did make a small segment in the national news a few years ago...

Dad briefly lived in Chicago so is more a Bears than a Niners fan, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to make the trip this year!

I was wondering if any of you locals had any tips on where to go pre-game, any good places to eat, things to do etc.? I remember the last time I was in San Fran it was 2002 with my family and we were in the Hard Rock Cafe the night before the GB vs Niners game and the place was packed with stinking Packers fans, who were making one hell of a racket... Would love to be a part of the home team rally this time!

Thanks in advance...

Have fun! It seemed like all the Chicago dogs and pizza's are awesome. From my experience, go to the smokiest hot dog push cart, have them pile everything on that dog.....I don't know how they fit everything on there, but that is delicious.

The game is in SF.

I hope so. My tickets say the game is at Monster Park.

Hello fellow 'Zoners,

Thanks in advance...

Santa Rosa in the House !!!

I'll be there Thursday too! My 1st game of the year . . . . can't wait . . . . Tommy's Joynt . . . Parking Lot . . . Tommy's Joint . . . . Ball Game.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Hello fellow 'Zoners,

Thanks in advance...

Santa Rosa in the House !!!

I'll be there Thursday too! My 1st game of the year . . . . can't wait . . . . Tommy's Joynt . . . Parking Lot . . . Tommy's Joint . . . . Ball Game.

I'm from Santa Rosa too! Up until last year, we used to drive to the stick. Then I was turned on to taking the bus(GoldenGate Transit) from the Piner road bus terminal and now I'm hooked. $40 where parking and gas can cost more, and I dont have to stop drinking by 4th qtr. We know some season ticket tailgaters who always come through, to get a head start. When the games over, just hop on the bus and go. We all drink, so this helps us out. Go niners!!! Lets here you guys SCREAM sunday.
Share 49ersWebzone