There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can Niners win out?

• titan
  • Veteran
I hope we win 6 more games and hopefully win the division with 9 games.
Can they? Yes
Will they? No
All of the remaining games are winnable in my opinion but . . .

7-2 would probably lock the division and be a dream run

6-3 is the best case scenario I think.

5-4 is what I'm expecting.

4-5 or worse would be a horrible finish and a huge let-down.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

what 4 games do you see the team losing? I see 3 at the most.
The one thing in their favor is they get to play the Titans, Bears, Jaguars and the Cards at home. But if they play like they did against the Falcons .... ??

I don't think they can beat the Packers in the FROZEN tundra and the Eagles at their home site.

The Seahawks, Lions and Rams should pose no problems, but they shouldn't take any team lightly because anything can happen.

Realistically, I'm looking at 8-8 season.

[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Nov 5, 2009 at 19:07:14 ]
Originally posted by matt49er:

Eagles
Packers
Cards or 'Hawks
Yes, we CAN, but it's highly unlikely. ANY nine-game winning streak in the NFL these is just down-right amazing. Besides the Eagles, I don't see a team that really OUTMATCHES us, so, yes, we COULD and SHOULD win at least six of the remaining nine games. Anything less would have to be considered a fail.
No team will win out.
Originally posted by matt49er:

I'm not sure exactly. Possibly Green Bay, Seattle, Zona and Philly. Or maybe we beat the Seahawks and lose to the Bears . . . don't know.

All I know is that two team leaders just went down for a month and a half and we're trying to re-define the offense on the fly. With that I can't discount the possibility of losing at least one game we should win somewhere along the way.
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by prime21:
Originally posted by billybonka:
3 losses in a row, get real son.

Im impressed with your optimism and team pride.
I'm impressed with the quality of crack you've managed to get your hands on

stop kidding yourself

This is the kind of attitude that enables the strong to fail. WTF is wrong with optimism and belief in something when all else points to defeat...you know like the 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry. Whoa, where did that come from? Just a point in fact that belief does elevate one's personal determination in seeing it through and conquering the fears that prevent us from that success. Character is what gets you through the bad times and when you are sooo close, but still fail.

This team is not out of it by a long shot even after three losses in a row and if you can't see that as a die hard Niner fan, Billy, that is just sad as f**k! Seriously, you can't see the opportunity in front of us?

I understand that the last seven years have been hell, but...

SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!

We are still in the thick of it with AZ going to the Bears who do well at home and a drop of doubt in the AZ minds. I like it. I expect a loss for AZ and a win for us bringing us even, yes even, Billy, whether you like it or not.

The fact is we do have a great opportunity still...never give up!

NEVER!

Die hard to the day we die, we fight, we claw, we make mistakes and move forward.

I am so glad that this team is not like your attitude...

Ah f**k it, I give!

Correct me if I'm wrong, Billy, because I would love to be. Your quick jabs with blue smileys are cute as my wife says, but damn man, do you really believe it is that bad to just comment the way you do? I don't underestimate your intelligence Billy and respect your anger toward the team and its management. I really am curious about the hate. Still, I see a die hard skeptic with roots in the past, the 5 SB past, right...the Walsh past? That just means that you care about winning and support our team even when we hit rock bottom, right?

Just like the story of the doubting Thomas, you have to see the proof. I can respect that and honor it as well.

As I drink another glass of my Kool-aid, We will Win the West!

I really hope that my team rises to that level to prove everyone of you Niner fans who only believe that all we can do is fail.

We need to believe in success and root for out team to kick the living s**t of the Titans sending them home licking their wounds. Those going to game...yell till the lungs bleed!!!!

It is time to start the trek to the 2009 NFL playoffs...starting against the Titans!

Go 49ers!
you know who else would start a thread everytime he had thought? BigMar, dont you start going all Bigmar on us man
  • Paul
  • Veteran
meh with how inconsistent we have been and the way things look, I'll say we finish 7-9 or 8-8...winning out seems to difficult to me, here's hoping 'Zona loses some games and we win some. The west is weak

This is a good meter for the Teams Playoff hopes
I see
5 Wins Ten, Jac, @Sea, Det, @St.L
1 Lose @Phi
3 uncertain Chi, @GB, Arz

If they can Win 1 uncertian game then they finish
6-3 down the stretch and 9-7 overall

If not then its
5-4 down the stretch and 8-8 overall
Has everyone forgotten what the Eagles do to us everytime we play?Now thats one game I wish we would show up for!

[ Edited by SF2AZNiner on Nov 6, 2009 at 08:11:48 ]
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
Has everyone forgotten what the Eagles do to us everytime we play?Now thats one game I wish we would show up for!

Exactly, I'm sick and tired of losing to the f**king Eagles, I'm sure the team is ready to get the monkey off their back too.
But I'm expecting to see a more balanced attack on offense and tough solid play from our defense, I dont feel the need to curl up in a fetal position and just call it a season, theres still a lot of football left and room to be optimistic