There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We've had 11 different players record a sack

I thought this was a pretty impressive stat.
I wouldnt have thought that, but it is impressive
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Too bad we only have 11 sacks.
Originally posted by Ether:

Originally posted by RonMexico:

we have 16
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FourNine49:

we have 16

So that means we don't have a dominant pass rusher yet again.

I bet we are regretting signing Haralson to that extension...
Originally posted by GEEK:

we have 16

I do not understand why it's such a big deal that we do not have a "dominate" pass rusher? I agree it would great if we did and I do hope the team adds one next offseason. But this defense is really good as is, they are very very good against the run (#2 in the NFL) have the best ILB core in the league, the best D player in the league in Willis.
The passrush gets plenty of push from the DL, way more than I expected and it shows how good Manusky/Sing are. Franklin looks like a monster and J.Smith is def a probowler. If the team does a good job at rushing the passer that's all that matters.
Would it be better if we had Jared Allen and he had 11 sacks and the team still only had 16?
Good stat. Hope we get a few more this weekend.
They're spreading the wealth around, but I wish we had one dominant sack artist that other teams feared.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Good stat. Hope we get a few more this weekend.
isn't it better to not have a dominant pass rusher so the offensive line and blitz pick up can't zero in on just one person
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by backontop:
isn't it better to not have a dominant pass rusher so the offensive line and blitz pick up can't zero in on just one person

Sure, but not when 11 guys only have 1 sack each, when going on week 10 of the season. I rather have one dominant pass-rusher, with 11 sacks, that we can move around and take pressure off other players.
Originally posted by matt49er:

we have 16

I do not understand why it's such a big deal that we do not have a "dominate" pass rusher? I agree it would great if we did and I do hope the team adds one next offseason. But this defense is really good as is, they are very very good against the run (#2 in the NFL) have the best ILB core in the league, the best D player in the league in Willis.
The passrush gets plenty of push from the DL, way more than I expected and it shows how good Manusky/Sing are. Franklin looks like a monster and J.Smith is def a probowler. If the team does a good job at rushing the passer that's all that matters.
Would it be better if we had Jared Allen and he had 11 sacks and the team still only had 16?

Probably, because having one player have a lot of sacks is eveerrryttthhhing does any one take QB pressures and hits into accounts any more? They are equally as important. I remember some one posting that Justin Smith was #1/ #2 in the league in QB pressures and QB hits for DE's.

[ Edited by pwilly52 on Nov 5, 2009 at 18:27:30 ]

we have 16

Vikings have 31 Raiders have 17. No Niners in the top 30 in sacks
Originally posted by pwilly52:
Originally posted by matt49er:

we have 16

Probably, because having one player have a lot of sacks is eveerrryttthhhing does any one take QB pressures and hits into accounts any more? They are equally as important. I remember some one posting that Justin Smith was #1/ #2 in the league in QB pressures and QB hits for DE's.

I love Justin Smith man! He may be the 2nd best DE in the NFL behind J.Allen right now