There are 210 users in the forums

So "MOCH" for top five defense!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by miked1978:
#2 against the rush and #31 against the pass. Sounds like my madden franchise.

this.. if the niners dont draft one of those good safetys.. or at least put nate back there. it will continue in the future.

Well we'd be in the top 20 if we just didn't play Peyton. I bet every team drops a few places after playing the Colts.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I doubt any one in here ever thought our team was a top 5 defense in the league. These ranking are based on yardage and not points. To me, that is the only stat that really matters.

Consider that our defense has had to play on the road:
Vikings (2nd in NFL in scoring)
Texans (6th in NFL in scoring)
Colts (8th in NFL in scoring)

ANd.. have only played 1 team (Rams) in the bottom 10 in scoring...

I think our defesne has played much better than anyone could have imagined. We may not be a top 5 defense but we have shown that we can stop the run and not be dominated like the past. The Niners need a big time pass rusher and another play maker in the secondary to be elite but progress is being made.

I totally agree!!!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
So moch for the English language...

Are you a 49ers fan or a DICK-
tionary pervert?

[ Edited by prime21 on Nov 6, 2009 at 08:24:52 ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I doubt any one in here ever thought our team was a top 5 defense in the league. These ranking are based on yardage and not points. To me, that is the only stat that really matters.

Consider that our defense has had to play on the road:
Vikings (2nd in NFL in scoring)
Texans (6th in NFL in scoring)
Colts (8th in NFL in scoring)

ANd.. have only played 1 team (Rams) in the bottom 10 in scoring...

I think our defesne has played much better than anyone could have imagined. We may not be a top 5 defense but we have shown that we can stop the run and not be dominated like the past. The Niners need a big time pass rusher and another play maker in the secondary to be elite but progress is being made.

Good post, I completely agree. While the overall isn't great the run defense is and we have played some great offensive teams that you mentioned and the Cards who have alot of weapons.
This D is very very good the problem was the offense sucked so bad under S.Hill that the D constantly was put defending a short field.
I want a top 5 defense and a top 5 offense

But I'm a stingy b*****d....
Man I didn't know the season ended already? who won the superbowl?
If the niners would have held the Falcons to 20 points, they would be top-5 in points/game. It just shows you what one bad game can do.
Our defense is fine, I don't care where we are ranked. We should be more concerned with the offense.
our defense is always on the field
I like when the defense is on the field. They HURT people

Share 49ersWebzone