There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So "MOCH" for top five defense!!!!

Arent You guys supposed to be football fans?

Do you understand how the game of football works at all?

I am pretty sure we still have the most 3 and outs in the league, our defensive stats will never be good if our offense cant keep them off the field and give them good field position.
#2 against the rush and #31 against the pass. Sounds like my madden franchise.
Originally posted by Jax49er:
Arent You guys supposed to be football fans?

Do you understand how the game of football works at all?

I am pretty sure we still have the most 3 and outs in the league, our defensive stats will never be good if our offense cant keep them off the field and give them good field position.

"So much for a top five defense" kind of implies to pre-season predictions that were popular around here. A very popular prediction was that the Offense would finally be decent enough to allow this defense to show its true colors; which some speculated to be somewhere in the top 10 or even top 5.

Everyone understands the 3 and out thing dude.

The post speaks more to a specific net result. Which is we are not a top defense according to stats.

Thats all.
MOCH ado about nothing.
So moch for passing the third grade...

Originally posted by miked1978:
#2 against the rush and #31 against the pass. Sounds like my madden franchise.

this.. if the niners dont draft one of those good safetys.. or at least put nate back there. it will continue in the future.
At least we're in the top 25, thats not moch bad.
In points we're 12th and that is what really counts. The only team to really do much against us was the Falcons. I think a lot of that was attributed to the communication problems Willis was having. Now that problem is taken care of. The 49ers see a ton of max protection. The Colts last week did not use max protection and we were all over Manning. I don't care about the stupid stats. This team is a top 5 defense.
So moch for the English language...
We are the only team to hold Peyton Manning to no TD pass!

Enough said.
i think with our remaining schedule, our ranking will change extremely
Originally posted by lamontb:
didn't realize they dipped that low not good

Its not that bad.

I saw a defense Sack Peyton 3 times and shut the best QB in the game!

We're not the best and can get better, but Im pretty sure we're better than the Seattle D.

Eff all the stats!!!

I know we have a solid D and they showed it this past Sunday!!!
Thank you very moch for the moch jokes.

-9fA
We have a very good defense, at least top ten. The stats mean almost nothing. Our defense has to defend against twice the possessions other defenses do. Its like comparing a defense that has played 14 games with a defense that has played 7 and saying that the defense that has played 7 is better because they have allowed fewer total yards.