LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

So "MOCH" for top five defense!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2009&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1[url=null]null[/url]

[ Edited by prime21 on Nov 6, 2009 at 08:23:47 ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
yep. so moch for that!
Originally posted by prime21:
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2009&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1[url=null]null[/url]

Who cares?

Wins > points per game > yards per game
didn't realize they dipped that low not good
This is a moch needed thread
we need mount cody and eric berry.

What is a moch?

Also, it's week nine.
I thought ht OP was trying to say that

Mooch thought we were a top 5 defense

We have played some good offenses.
Originally posted by Joecool:

People only rank top five defenses (or better yet, top half of the league) by playing bad teams?

[ Edited by IDontGetNaked on Nov 5, 2009 at 10:51:25 ]

I doubt any one in here ever thought our team was a top 5 defense in the league. These ranking are based on yardage and not points. To me, that is the only stat that really matters.

Consider that our defense has had to play on the road:
Vikings (2nd in NFL in scoring)
Texans (6th in NFL in scoring)
Colts (8th in NFL in scoring)

ANd.. have only played 1 team (Rams) in the bottom 10 in scoring...

I think our defesne has played much better than anyone could have imagined. We may not be a top 5 defense but we have shown that we can stop the run and not be dominated like the past. The Niners need a big time pass rusher and another play maker in the secondary to be elite but progress is being made.
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:
Originally posted by Joecool:

People only rank top five defenses (or better yet, top half of the league) by playing bad teams?

No. I'm just saying that total yards is a misconception because better offenses move the ball better but better defenses keep them from scoring their normal output. We have been good at keeping teams under their normal output...for the most part.
Originally posted by showtime49:

Who cares?

Wins > points per game > yards per game

they are almost always directly related though...so actually

Wins = points per game = yards per game
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I doubt any one in here ever thought our team was a top 5 defense in the league. These ranking are based on yardage and not points. To me, that is the only stat that really matters.

I think our defesne has played much better than anyone could have imagined. We may not be a top 5 defense but we have shown that we can stop the run and not be dominated like the past. The Niners need a big time pass rusher and another play maker in the secondary to be elite but progress is being made.

this.

Now that our schedule is getting a bit easier I expect us to be lower, maybe not top 10..but we'll see.

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 5, 2009 at 11:18:49 ]
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

this.

Now that our schedule is getting a bit easier I expect us to be lower, maybe not top 10..but we'll see.

To add, we have created an ample amount of turnovers against the weaker offenses. We should be on the plus side Sunday.
Share 49ersWebzone