LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Injuries (2009)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am not using them as an excuse but we haven't been healthy since week 1. Now i know all teams deal with injuries, but it just seems like we cant get all 22 starters on the field at the same time. First Gore, then Staley, now clements. I'm sure i missed some but when we are healthy we went into AZ and beat them. If we can somehow ride out this losing streak while keeping pace with AZ i think hopefully we'll be healthy for the stretch run.
We will be ok. This is a strong team that is ready to go on a nice winning streak.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It will be ok, grasshopper.
Injuries suck but its part of the game. You have to be lucky and good to make the playoffs. If Sims plays like he did against Indy we might be okay. I have confidence in Brown and think he will play well in place of Clements. Cardinals havetheir own injuries as well most notably Boldin who hasn't been right since the preseason. So it happens to everyone.
Football is a violant game of collisions and injuries are going to happen. That's just a fact of the NFL. Up until recently, the injury bug hasn't hit the 9ers too bad, but now it's catching up to them. Still, the 9ers are going to have to play through it, and also keep in mind that all teams are starting to get key injuries at this point in the season.
Originally posted by tohara3:
We will be ok. This is a strong team that is ready to go on a nice winning streak.

exactly we went through a tough stretch of games and almost won vs 2 of the best teams in the NFL in Indy/Minn (should have won that game FU Favre!)
most teams have injuries but not many have as significant as others. GORE was a big one b/c with him in, we win minn. All we needed is 1 more play for 12 seconds or a first down and we all know gore would of gotten 1 either running or catching. So yes injuries are a part of the game, but we are a lot unluckier than other teams. IF Wayne was injured, they lose, and as far as ARIZ at least Boldin can play, and he is NOT their best player whereas Gore is.

That would be like me saying to a NE fan, every team deals with injuries and when they say Brady is a huge one....and then i could say like these other people in denial, every team has them......no at least i can admit if brady was in they go to the playoffs and have a chance to go to the sb. So just something to keep in perspective, injuries are a part of the game but there are a lot more significant ones that cost a team games...directly.
Any body out there have the 411 on when some of our players might be back on the field? I noticed on the team sight that only Clements is listed as out this week. When is he likely to return again? How about Staley? I'm just curious if we are getting "healthy" any time soon. I haven't seen any reports on our injured starters in a while.
  • pwilly
  • Info N/A
Check out the blog it says Staley is gonna try to return for AZ game. Sing said Clements may be back for week 17 but if they are out of it I bet hes done.
[ Edited by pwilly on Dec 3, 2009 at 10:45 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone