There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Defending Jimmy Raye (yes, defending Jimmy Raye)

Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
You know what two guys would defend Jimmy Raye?

Vernon Davis and Moran Norris. Both are having career years under Jimmy.

Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
You know what two guys would defend Jimmy Raye?

Vernon Davis and Moran Norris. Both are having career years under Jimmy.

Jimmy Raye knows how to use the tight end and is doing a great job of getting Vernon Davis the ball. I wish Delaine was a little more involved in the passing game as well. As far as Moran Norris having a career year, what do you mean?
He is doing a good job today. I am impressed with the game-plan he came up with for today. They O is actually sustaining drives now.
*fans slowly backing off and blaming the o-line*
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
*fans slowly backing off and blaming the o-line*

haha true. I am impressed with the way the coaching staff as a whole has rebounded from some games these past few weeks. I'm back on board.
[ Edited by foreign49er on Nov 29, 2009 at 2:04 PM ]
Shhhhhhhh, be quite he might fall asleep again
I think I could beat Jimmy Raye in Madden using his own plays.
Raye did well today. Got Walker involved which forced the defense to think figure out how they were going to cover him and Davis in 2 TE formations. Liked the run play using Walker.

No one can say we didn't throw the ball today. Even went deep on several occasions to bad VD and Crab dropped the ball.
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
Raye did well today. Got Walker involved which forced the defense to think figure out how they were going to cover him and Davis in 2 TE formations. Liked the run play using Walker.

No one can say we didn't throw the ball today. Even went deep on several occasions to bad VD and Crab dropped the ball.

yeah we left two TD's on the field today. but soo what right, we won.
Smith would have had a 3rd TD this game, but Crabs dropped it, and he knows it. Oh well. No biggie. He makes it up with his shake and bake in the YAC! This dude can move! But as for Raye, we were conservative in the second half but this was the best overall perfoamance of the year thus far! One game at a time..
Originally posted by dave1003:
Smith would have had a 3rd TD this game, but Crabs dropped it, and he knows it. Oh well. No biggie. He makes it up with his shake and bake in the YAC! This dude can move! But as for Raye, we were conservative in the second half but this was the best overall perfoamance of the year thus far! One game at a time..

at leas it shows hes willing to adapt. i think thats te big thing
To me it appears Raye is the best OC we have had in a while. Most people around here will look at 06 and yes it was a great year for Gore but we are averaging more pts per game now and Gore has been scoring more this season. The best thing about it is I don't think teams will be putting Raye on top of their HC list at seasons end. Which means continuity on the Offense for the first time in years.
It must be hard to be a brilliant OC when you have a horrible O-line. He did a great job today.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,000 for PatrickJira411.
He did do a nice job, almost looked like a WCO/Spread offense. Loved the fake and TD throw to Vernon Davis for the TD and the Alex Smith bootleg for the Frank Gore TD.

Nice job by Raye calling and designing plays today and Singletary letting him open it up today but WHERE WAS THIS ALL YEAR!?!?! Or least the last few games!?!? It is obvious Alex Smith and our O-Line are the best in a spread.
I think it is getting clearer with every game that this team is set to explode on both sides of the ball. Lets hope for a good draft next year. OL, Pass rush, and Safety would be nice!