There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Playing against Vince Young and Not Collins. Better or Worse for us?

Playing against Vince Young and Not Collins. Better or Worse for us?

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Vince Young last week: 15/18 (83.3%) for 125 yards, 1 TD. 12 rushes for 30 yards.

If he wasn't completing his attempts so efficiently, there would be less concern. That's not the case.

Be concerned.

Averaging less than 10 yards a pop is nothing special. Nothing to fear besides his legs.
Vince Young last week: 15/18 (83.3%) for 125 yards, 1 TD. 12 rushes for 30 yards.

If he wasn't completing his attempts so efficiently, there would be less concern. That's not the case.

Be concerned.

Against the Jags...nothing to brag about, esp when they have no defense to speak of.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Be concerned.

Against the Jags...nothing to brag about, esp when they have no defense to speak of.

This.

Niners D>>>>>>>>>Jags D

V. Young is going to have to re-up on his prozac after this game....

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Nov 7, 2009 at 18:03:45 ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Be concerned.

This.

Niners D>>>>>>>>>Jags D

If he (V. Young) thinks he's going to run all over us, he's fooling himself.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Be concerned.

This.

Niners D>>>>>>>>>Jags D

If he (V. Young) thinks he's going to run all over us, he's fooling himself.

If he thinks he's going to run against our defense, we might see Collins sooner rather than later.....poor guy.
Don't think it matters. Yeah manning threw for over 300, but no td's. we are ranked second in the NFL against the rush. And I thought I read maybe willy covering young. I think we may pull this one out. s**t even Dukes and that Otha dude picked us on NFL network;)
If we can't stop CJ, it'll be easy for Young. Somehow, I doubt we'll keep CJ under 100 yards (total).
Doesn't matter. We're gonna lose anyway. Say hello to 3-5
If we can't stop CJ, it'll be easy for Young. Somehow, I doubt we'll keep CJ under 100 yards (total).

Did you have those thoughts when we played the Vikes?
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Based on what?
Something I keep mentioning over the years when we face the opposing teams QB who is in question....

Over the years even in some of the glory years, a QB trying to find his identity.. For some reason what cured that QB was playing the 49ers.. The 49ers seem to have that knack for making an average QB look like a first ballot Hall of Famer..

I think our defense will be up to the task early.. But VY will be a problem on 3rd down as the Niners are one of the worst defenses on stopping 3rd down conversions. Ranked 30th last time I checked..

Can and will our offense stay on the field? Ranked 29th at converting 3rd downs.. Again one if the worst in the league.. Will Raye continue the run-run-pass-punt formula that Coach Sing seems to like?

I think our defense will be very tired the last half of the 3rd quarter and 4th, because of inept offensive coaching leading to many 3 and outs....

I hope like hell the Niners wake up and prove me wrong.. I'm just calling it how I see it... Cause the Niners certainly can kick some ass if that O-Line would just execute, along with better play calling that plays to the players strengths.. I've only seen that done once we get behind and it winds up being in vain..
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
Something I keep mentioning over the years when we face the opposing teams QB who is in question....

Over the years even in some of the glory years, a QB trying to find his identity.. For some reason what cured that QB was playing the 49ers.. The 49ers seem to have that knack for making an average QB look like a first ballot Hall of Famer..

I think our defense will be up to the task early.. But VY will be a problem on 3rd down as the Niners are one of the worst defenses on stopping 3rd down conversions. Ranked 30th last time I checked..

Can and will our offense stay on the field? Ranked 29th at converting 3rd downs.. Again one if the worst in the league.. Will Raye continue the run-run-pass-punt formula that Coach Sing seems to like?

I think our defense will be very tired the last half of the 3rd quarter and 4th, because of inept offensive coaching leading to many 3 and outs....

I hope like hell the Niners wake up and prove me wrong.. I'm just calling it how I see it... Cause the Niners certainly can kick some ass if that O-Line would just execute, along with better play calling that plays to the players strengths.. I've only seen that done once we get behind and it winds up being in vain..

I remember playing the Chiefs a few years ago and Damon Huard got his first start. I think he threw for like 3-4 TDs as we got blown out by the chiefs

[ Edited by FourNine49 on Nov 7, 2009 at 18:50:12 ]

Based on what?

Irrational dislike for Alex Smith and enough alcohol to no longer care if he makes himself look like an ass.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Based on what?

Irrational dislike for Alex Smith and enough alcohol to no longer care if he makes himself look like an ass.

That makes sense. That's why I can't remember him being this negative - Alex has been riding the pine for 2-years.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Based on what?

That makes sense. That's why I can't remember him being this negative - Alex has been riding the pine for 2-years.

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home