There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Playing against Vince Young and Not Collins. Better or Worse for us?

Playing against Vince Young and Not Collins. Better or Worse for us?

Originally posted by zozell:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Vince Young is garbage, 33 INTS and 12 career fumbles

alex Smith has 33 INTS and 27 Fumbles so what is your point?

He sucks to.

your right we should have kept Hill seems how he was so great. Can I have a time machine so I can kidnap Joe Montana, Bill Walsh and Bobb McKittrick

Hill also sucks. Why does everybody always turn everything into a Hill vs Smith battle. Neither one of them have really proven anything.

I wasn't trying to turn it into a Smith/Hill fight. That is why I asked for a time machine. Where is the guy from back to the future when you need him!

I'm going back for Walsh, Montana and McKittrick

It doesn't matter who they have, niners will win it.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
lol. Vince Young and Alex Smith have sucked equally.

Alex Smith: 23 TDs 33 INTs

Vince Young: 23 TDs 33 INTs

titans had a good D alex didnt
Vince Young and CJ had one great game against the 2nd or 3rd most mediocre team in the AFC last week (a team that hasn't had a pass-rush since the Pats had a perfect season) and most of the league is already sucking Vince's junk off?

-Give me a break, Vince can hand the ball off all he wants but if our D-line could mince Peyton's 'Berlin Wall' and evade his Jedi mind tricks then Vince Young HAS NO f**kING CHANCE IN HELL.

And it would be the same with Collins (regardless), no QB on that Titans roster can bail them out of the nightmare they're con-currently experiencing, and magically achieve a 10-6 comeback record.

I'm not overstepping my bounds, we just have too much talent on our defense to even worry about this s**t (we have probably the best defensive secondary in the West).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Vince Young and CJ had one great game against the 2nd or 3rd most mediocre team in the AFC last week (a team that hasn't had a pass-rush since the Pats had a perfect season) and most of the league is already sucking Vince's junk off?

-Give me a break, Vince can hand the ball off all he wants but if our D-line could mince Peyton's 'Berlin Wall' and evade his Jedi mind tricks then Vince Young HAS NO f**kING CHANCE IN HELL.

And it would be the same with Collins (regardless), no QB on that Titans roster can bail them out of the nightmare they're con-currently experiencing, and magically achieve a 10-6 comeback record.

I'm not overstepping my bounds, we just have too much talent on our defense to even worry about this s**t
(we have probably the best defensive secondary in the West).

I just don't think we should get overly confident. Our team is 3-4. We have had lapses in defense all season (not that I'm getting on the D's case I think they have played GREAT). Also... ONE seam and Chris Johnson can absolutely get to the house. Pretend on that AP run for like 30 yards if it was CJ? That would've been a TD probably. VY can also run and we've played no teams yet with a mobile quarterback. His legs can end up killing us -- but I have faith that we will play their O-Line very well and get him rattled.

And I agree with you, if we can confuse Peyton Manning, we can do it even worse to Vince Young. If we can do this and contain Chris Johnson AND win the turnover battle -- we will win this game without question.
Young will make a couple plays but will also make more mistakes than Collins. Overall the 9ers would win against either QB so who cares 4-4
Vince Young is nothing more than a trashcan with legs.

[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Nov 7, 2009 at 14:59:38 ]
worse. our d is going to have their hands full with vince's scrambling ability. his arm actually looked real good in last week's game
Who will be the 'spy' on V. Young. And should they have a shrink on the sideline just in-case Willis hurt Young's feelings during the game...
  • Antix
  • Veteran
We havent had to deal with a scrambling QB yet. This worries me slightly.
Does anyone remember what happened to matt hassel-back when he tried to run it in.....he missed 3 games after willis got to him....so hopefully we can see another QB walk to the sidelines and collapse this Sunday.
Vince ran 11 times last week. I'm pretty sure Manusky has something cooked up for Young in case he tries to get stupid and test Willis and Spikes in the middle.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
lol. Vince Young and Alex Smith have sucked equally.

Alex Smith: 23 TDs 33 INTs

Vince Young: 23 TDs 33 INTs

I wonder if Titan fans also make excuses for his poor play?
Originally posted by TX9R:
It's absolutely worse. Collins hasn't looked good at all, has no WRs, and is a statue. For all the love Smith has gotten here in the last 2 weeks, we've seen the same amount of starts for VY, he only had 3 incompletions and actually won the game. Smith gets kudos for sitting a while and then playing well when he got a chance, but VY, who won and with better stats is written off? Makes no sense.

Smith has the better stats Smith has a 95 rating and VY has 75, I think it is too soon to write either of them off, hopefully Vince can get his head straight and there isn't a repeat of the suicide incident after they get their asses handed to them at Candlestick tomorrow. Also Smith has faced much better teams so far this year. I assume you are a Texas fan defending his homeboy, and I don't agree that Young sucks, but he hasn't played better than Smith to this point. The only game he has really started this year was the terrible Jaguars, but he did rather well.
Vince Young last week: 15/18 (83.3%) for 125 yards, 1 TD. 12 rushes for 30 yards.

If he wasn't completing his attempts so efficiently, there would be less concern. That's not the case.

Be concerned.