LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

10-6

Shop Find 49ers gear online
not happening. not the we've been playing of lately.
Originally posted by prime21:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I'm calling it now:

W - Titans
W - Bears
L - @Packers
W - Jaguars
W - @Seahawks
W - Cardinals
L - @Eagles
W - Lions
W - @Rams

There is no doubt in my mind that this will happen.

Why yes, you can have some of what I'm smoking.

BOLE SH!T

We'll see...
No...we won't. We could easily repeat last year's 7-9...GB, 'Zona, Philly are most likely losses and pick'em between Seattle and the Jags. I see four more L's, and it could be more. We just barely beat a bad Bears team...at home. I think some of you really need to lay off the kool-aid...and find a dose of reality somewhere. I hate to be negative...but sometimes the truth is cruel. Niners aren't a playoff team, at least not from what I've seen.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
No...we won't. We could easily repeat last year's 7-9...GB, 'Zona, Philly are most likely losses and pick'em between Seattle and the Jags. I see four more L's, and it could be more. We just barely beat a bad Bears team...at home. I think some of you really need to lay off the kool-aid...and find a dose of reality somewhere. I hate to be negative...but sometimes the truth is cruel. Niners aren't a playoff team, at least not from what I've seen.

the D is top notch and if it wasn't put in such horrible position so many times w/turnovers/bad field position by the O this season it would be ranked much higher.

the O is finding itself and is suffering because of an OL that has played horrible. the worst this team will finish is 8-8 best is 10-6 i'm thinking 9-7 with a perfect 6-0 in the west gets us into the playoffs.
despite how badly we've played, a 10-6 record is still possible. Philly and 'Zona are the only playoff caliber teams we play the rest of the season, and against the cards we are A) at home and B) always play them tough. People are worried about Green Bay but who have they beaten? Cleveland, Detroit, who else? They're extremely beatable, and so are the Jags, the Rams, 'Hawks and Lions.

Of course, we have to actually go out and win those games, and I think 8-8 or 9-7 records are more likely given how flat and unaggressive we've been playing (at least on offense) but we have a cupcake schedule, and even the haters have to recognize that.
If you discount ATL, this team has been competitive in every game played. I truly believe that we can contend with anybody in the league IF Raye keeps the playbook open throughout the entire game. That means no more run, run, pass on 3rd and long and an emphasis on the gun, either 2WR/2TE or 3WR/1TE. If anything, we've played better on the road--against better competition, at least--than we have at home so I'm not too worried that the road in and of itself will cause problems.

Our remaining schedule is favorable for a winning season:

@Packers
Jaguars
@Seahawks
Cardinals
@Eagles
Lions
@Rams

Suddenly, this team has talent. I truly believe that it is only a matter of Raye and Sing allowing the O to play to its potential by calling the proper plays. If they do this, we can win every game remaining on our schedule. It this realistic? Probably not, but finishing 9-7 or 10-6 is possible. Take the games we will most likely be favored in--JAC, SEA, STL, DET--gets us to 8-8. ARI is a must win--and doable, as we've already beat them on the road. Philly is dangerous, but inconsistent. Green Bay is a tough place to play, but GB has a lot of issues and maybe even a worse OL than us. Winning there is key to the season. Doing so will give us confidence of beating a (albeit mediocre) tough opponent on the road heading into 2 very winnable games. If we execute--the real pisser this season has been our poor playcalling and inconsistency/mistakes--we should be 7-5 going into the AZ game.
Please lay off the for u people thinking this team is going 10-6 just don't do that to yourself!please its quite sad
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
cardinals scare me more than any team on the schedule including philly.

Fu@% the CARDS!!!! and I live in Arizona! If we can get a healthy Clements back in time, we should have a good shot.
looking at the schedule id have to say 8-8...as i've felt all along,NEXT year is gonna be our year...

9-7 would be an amazing accomplishment. The losses would be GB/Philly OR AZ.

Man we gotta steal ONE of those games.
Originally posted by Genius1310:
Hate to say this, but I speak the truth. I dont want to go to the playoffs. This team will get destroyed in the playoffs. As badly as I want us to win each week and as pumped up as I get, I just dont have faith right now. I want to, trust me....but I dont. I see a 6-10/7-9 finish, I pray for a strong off-season, come roaring into the season next year, then make the playoffs.

You stay at home then. The rest of us want to go. It's a whole new game then, anything can happen.
  • saeniner
  • Info N/A
9-7
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Genius1310:
Hate to say this, but I speak the truth. I dont want to go to the playoffs. This team will get destroyed in the playoffs. As badly as I want us to win each week and as pumped up as I get, I just dont have faith right now. I want to, trust me....but I dont. I see a 6-10/7-9 finish, I pray for a strong off-season, come roaring into the season next year, then make the playoffs.

I just want to win the division man! I want to win so bad

i know dude i cant stand this losing bs much more i get so upset watching other teams in the playoffs and yet the 9ers arent there AGAIN. goes for every sport. yes we may get killed but then again if we reach the playoffs hot anything can happen and we havent gotten killed by the teams we couldve possibly gotten destroyed by.
Share 49ersWebzone