LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

10-6

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I applaud your confidence...but I can't share it right now. I get that we should have a much better record that we do...but the fact is, we don't. You have us only losing to the Eagles...but I think we'll be hard-pressed to beat 'Zona again. Their offense is better than it was a year ago...and they have some playmakers on defense. Seattle will be a much tougher game, as well. Yeah, they're banged up...but so are we. Agree, we should beat them, I just not nearly as confident as you that we will. Green Bay's also a tough game...they can score a lot of points...if we can put huge pressure on Rodgers we've got a chance, but even though he's been sacked and hit a lot all season, he's still putting up some impressive numbers. He's got one of the best receiving corps in the league. Even the Jags can be tough on a given Sunday...so, I wouldn't count that as an "automatic" win.

Having said all that, I hope you're right...but I really don't see us winning 7 or our last 8 games. I figure at best we go 8-8, given how this season's gone so far.
win 5 straight, please purple baby jesus pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

If that happens, I will officially come to you for any prediction.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by verb1der:
10-6? ... like seriously? So I guess the Niners have suddenly found the "on" switch out of no where and just finally decides to turn it on and go 7-1 for the rest of the season!?

seriously?

Well it's not an on switch it's just getting a few breaks here and there and cutting back on the turnovers. I don't know if you noticed but the last couple of seasons several teams have made the playoffs after struggling the first two months of the season. The Eagles last year, the Giants the year before. It's not how you start, its how you finish!

I hear ya but those teams have pro bowl 'QB's in Donavan McCan't win the big one...hahahaha I mean McNabb and Eli Manning. Alex Smith would have to do a WHOLE HELL OF A LOT to go 7-1 the next 8 games.

I like the realistic approach to 7-9 my original prediction to an optimistic 8-8 maybe we win a road game somewhere as an underdog? I love the enthusiasm but it doesn't buy much these days when reality keeps smacking you in the face.
  • bambam52
  • Info N/A
From a niner faithful to niner nation: Lets stick to winning tonight against the bears ,i wanna see win #4 thursday night/friday morning
10-6 seems like a dream at this point. I'll stay with my 7-9 or 8-8 prediction and continue to hope for better.
6-10, sorry to break the mood. However if Smith can play a clean game and put up a couple TDS without INT's.. there is hope.. and fer sure; Hope Springs Eternal!

NINERS!!!!
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Yes im confident enough to make a thread about this.

Chicago- W
@ Green Bay- W
Jacksonville- W
@ Seattle- W
Arizona (MNF)- W
@ Philadelphia- L
Detroit- W
@ St.Louis- W

The fact is we have lost 4 of our last 5 games by a touchdown or less and I would argue 3 of those games (Minnesota, Indy and Tennessee) we outplayed our opponents and should have won. Now we didn't but my point is we have shown we can play with some of the best teams and you take a few turnovers or a miracle play and we would have. We are not that far away, this isn't 2007 or even last year, we have a good team.

We have to, have to cutback on the turnovers and we have to start creating some turnovers on defense. Playing Jay Cutler tomorrow may do just the trick as he is a QB who will make some bad throws and I expect us to at least get an INT tomorrow if not more.

I feel good about this team, I was very encouraged with the way Jimmy Raye opened things up last week and the game he called. It was our best all-around offensive performance of the year and it is a great sign to see that Raye can be creative and open things up and that he and Mike Singletary are flexible/smart enough to do so. Now with the benching of Issac Bruce, this is another plus for the team. I hope Jason Hill is the #2 WR and Morgan is the #3 but either way, we will be better off.

I think with some more work and time, Alex Smith will get better chemistry with these guys and working in the offense. It was just his 2nd start of the season and he is still building chemistry with these guys and Crabtree is still learning the full offense and getting chemistry with Alex as well. Going forward, I like our offense, I think Alex will be fine, I really can only blame him for one of the INT's last week and I love the way Raye is using Vernon Davis on offense and Vernon Davis is playing like a pro bowl player, week in and week out. With Crabtree getting more time and learning more of the system with each week and now with J Hill in there and Bruce out, I like our offense. One guy I am not as confident about is Josh Morgan. He drops some balls and can be lazy running routes. He is very inconsistent. I'd like to see Delaine Walker get some of the balls Morgan gets thrown his way.

Our Defense- I know we don't have a big time pass rusher and were not forcing many turnovers but our defense is very good. Our D-Line, Justin Smith, Aubrayo Franklin and Issac Sopoaga is as good as it gets for a 3 man line. Everyone talks about how great Franklin is playing and he is playing outstanding football, but Issac Sopoaga is playing very good football as well and Justin Smith, well he's a GREAT player. Patrick Willis at LB is as good as it gets and I was happy to see more of Ahmad Brooks last week. He didn't have a great game but he was going up against one of the best LT's in the NFL in Michael Roos. I hope he gets 10-15 snaps again this week. Manny Lawson is a very solid all-around football player. Were set at CB with Shawntae Spencer and Tarrell Brown and Bly is a good nickle corner but if Spencer or Brown go down we are in trouble. At safety, I like Dashon Goldson, in his 3rd NFL season (1st as starter) he has played very good, consistant football and is becoming a leader of the defense. He hits like a ton of bricks and runs really well. He makes some great tackles coming out of nowhere and rarely misses any tackles. Now he could do a better job of playing the ball and I think we all were hoping for more INT's out of him but give him some time, though I do think SS may be a better posisition for him than FS. He is a good player though. Michael Lewis is nearing the end and I cringe everytime Mark Roman enters the game. I hope Reggie Smith can get healthy and stay healthy and he starts seeing sme time as our 6th DB.

So yeah I feel good about this team, I really do. Mike Singletary is going to do whatever it takes to win games and the team is going to fight for him. We just have to cut back on these turnovers (some of them were almost flukes). Were going to be okay, I said coming into the season that next yr is when I expect to make the playoffs but even at 3-5 right now, I feel good about since the bandwagon is light again, Im going to make the prediction we go 10-6 and find a way to get in the playoffs (by winning the division or wildcard, don't rule it out, the NFC is not very strong this year). So to all the negative neds, haters and Lowell Cohen, watch us win tomorrow and start a win streak!

GO NINERS!!!

I would have predicted 10-6 last week, but with the loss to TEN its hard to pencil in 7 wins. Now, Philly and Green Bay are no juggernauts, but we're playing in their house for both games.

I predict a 9-7 season, with losses at Green Bay and Philly OR Arizona. IF we lose to Arizona, we'll make up for it w/ a win vs. Philly.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
My fear is the 9ers will be one game shy of the div tittle and everyone will be b***hing about the last second loss to Favre so we can hear that damn cry fest for an entire off season. Hope I'm wrong
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

If that happens, I will officially come to you for any prediction.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by jed_york:
Originally posted by znk916:
W - Bears
W - @Packers
W - Jaguars
W - @Seahawks
W - Cardinals
W - @Eagles
W - Lions
W - @Rams

WHOSE WITH ME

With fans like you, how can this organization not prosper? Keep up the good work. Make sure to support the team also by renewing or buying season tickets.

already have season tickets how much more support you want? how about winning more than 7 games again?

official merchandise, true fans buy lots of league approved team merchandise.

Scotty and singletary is doing heck of a job, our glory days will return sooner rather than later. the ownership and senior management is pleased with the progress.

if you are still frustrated with the rebuilding process, coach Singeltary has wisely created an outlet at Lowell Cohen of Press democrat. Go to their website, or just vent it here on one of the many Cohen threads.

[ Edited by jed_york on Nov 12, 2009 at 09:20:13 ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

Right now they will be lucky to win another game.
49ers-31 Bears-20
I'm just hoping Alex Smith can finally win a game.

He is 0-3 the last three games with an opportunity to win every game at the end but...
Amen to 10-6
Share 49ersWebzone