Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
LOL cheap route I knew it.

What would have been a better option?

Jon Runyan.

he just came off of surgery didn't he?

What happens if we lose Alex for the rest of the year because we signed Kirk Barton and Chris Patrick instead of Jon Runyan

I never said don't sign him. I was asking if he was healthy enough to play due to him just having surgery.
It's his Birthday today too

Chris Patrick is our back up swing tackle for LT and RT... Then again maybe it works out well for us and he's like our version of Harvey Dahl for ATL? I hope?
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Jon Runyan.

he just came off of surgery didn't he?

What happens if we lose Alex for the rest of the year because we signed Kirk Barton and Chris Patrick instead of Jon Runyan

I never said don't sign him. I was asking if he was healthy enough to play due to him just having surgery.
I wasn't directing my comment to you Back, it was toward Huckleberry.
In answer to the question 5 threads above, "who did i miss?", a question for everyone. Did Wallace get cut, is he on PS, is he injured, what happened to a guy who never got a chance?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
In answer to the question 5 threads above, "who did i miss?", a question for everyone. Did Wallace get cut, is he on PS, is he injured, what happened to a guy who never got a chance?

Doc, Wallace is currently on the roster as the backup center but I don't know if he has been active for any games yet.
Originally posted by Born49R:
I have to laugh everytime we sign someone to the practice squad how many people expect these guys to make it to the roster. They are practice squad players and I would bet through out the league that only a very small percentage ever even make it to the 53 man roster let only have any impact on any team. I might just have to go see if I can find that info.

Ok, I couldn't find the exact info I was searching for but here is a link for all undrafted free agent which would include practice squad players making NFL rosters for anyone interested.[url=null]null[/url] http://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-draft/2006/draft-position
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
is he related to Harris Barton????

That was my first thought. If he's anywhere near as good............

I would not have sex for the next 2 weeks if he has 3/4 the OLineman H. Barton was. If he is just as good I won't get the stick wet for the rest of the month. If he is better than f**k it my girlfriend can use her toys for the rest of the year

sure bud... lol
Nothing wrong with having OT's on the PS...ours seem to be dropping like flies lately. Barton played w/Alex Boone at Ohio St. Guy was all Big-10 in 2007, so must have some ability.
Originally posted by susweel:
championship

Originally posted by kingairta:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Jon Runyan.

That's assuming that he would even want to play out here.

He probably can't pass a physical. We're not the only team hurting for OL-men. There's a reason he's still unsigned.

I think he wants a starting job. I say the 9ers bring him in and tell him after he learns the O he's a starter. If he isn't the same player than we just tell him he can take a backup role or walk. This guy is a very good player and should be on an NFL roster the 9ers have one of the worst OL in the NFL this should be an obvious pickup.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
is he related to Harris Barton????

That was my first thought. If he's anywhere near as good............

I would not have sex for the next 2 weeks if he has 3/4 the OLineman H. Barton was. If he is just as good I won't get the stick wet for the rest of the month. If he is better than f**k it my girlfriend can use her toys for the rest of the year

Then, we shouldn't invest in battery stocks until the Niners get better linemen?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Born49R:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Doc, Wallace is currently on the roster as the backup center but I don't know if he has been active for any games yet.

I don't think he's even dressed for any games.

If Wragge or Heitmann gets injured, Wallace will be active on gameday. But since they both are strong football players that rarely get injured, Wallace hasn't really gotten a chance.

2010 may be a different story. The 49ers will most likely retain David Baas if the CBA doesn't get renewed. Matt Maiocco stated that both Hudson and Baas will be RFAs this offseason.

Since I think we'll draft an offensive guard fairly early in the draft, Wallace will be the odd man out.

LT: Staley/Sims
LG: Rookie (Iupati ideally)
OC: Heitmann/Wragge
RG: Baas/Rachal
RT: Rookie (Trent Williams ideally)/Snyder
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
He's a 61 in Madden

i love this smiley!!!!

[ Edited by mike9er on Nov 5, 2009 at 20:54:26 ]
Share 49ersWebzone