There are 186 users in the forums

Niners sign Tackle Kirk Barton...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
is he related to Harris Barton????

That was my first thought. If he's anywhere near as good............

I would not have sex for the next 2 weeks if he has 3/4 the OLineman H. Barton was. If he is just as good I won't get the stick wet for the rest of the month. If he is better than f**k it my girlfriend can use her toys for the rest of the year

yeah right

I guess we will never know unless he turns out to be a great OLineman like Harris Barton was now will we
Looks like the 49ers are buildling that Ohio State OL.

if only they were Orlando Pace....
We signed him into our PS last year. I actually had some hope for him.
He was one of the better RT prospects coming out of college. He's a mobile guy who has experience on the right side.

With a more pass-oriented offense, he could develop into someone that sees some action for us. Boone was the better prospect of the two, but Barton is more of a natural RT. I think it's a good signing. There could be something there.
Originally posted by strickac:
He was one of the better RT prospects coming out of college. He's a mobile guy who has experience on the right side.

With a more pass-oriented offense, he could develop into someone that sees some action for us. Boone was the better prospect of the two, but Barton is more of a natural RT. I think it's a good signing. There could be something there.

How soon can you see him playing? We don't need another project for the O-line.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
LOL cheap route I knew it.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

Hopefully sooner than later. I would hate to see what would happen if we had another injury on the OLine. Lets hope that Pashos's attempt at assisting the OLine with his tape breakdowns is a game changer.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

What would have been a better option?
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

sell a kidney for some probowl performing Tackle I guess.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
is he related to Harris Barton????

That was my first thought. If he's anywhere near as good............

I would not have sex for the next 2 weeks if he has 3/4 the OLineman H. Barton was. If he is just as good I won't get the stick wet for the rest of the month. If he is better than f**k it my girlfriend can use her toys for the rest of the year

Damn!

I have to laugh everytime we sign someone to the practice squad how many people expect these guys to make it to the roster. They are practice squad players and I would bet through out the league that only a very small percentage ever even make it to the 53 man roster let only have any impact on any team. I might just have to go see if I can find that info.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
How many healthy offensive lineman on the active roster now?

Wragge
Heitmann
Bass
Sims
Rachal
Snyder
Patrick

Who's missing?

Boone and Mitchell (When we resigned him they said he was a OT, Not a DT, so I dunno...maybe he's a project like Duckett was.)
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

I don't know, but we're pretty thin along the Oline. I thought Sims played great against Indy, which was a pleasant surprise. With Staley's injury, we're likely to activate another OT. I don't know anything about Chris Patrick, but between Barton and Boone, it appears that one of them has to be get bummed up against Tenn. Barton could very well be thrown into the mix within the upcoming weeks.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Jon Runyan.