There are 120 users in the forums

Running Game question

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • babby1974
  • Info N/A
Question for everyone. Is it just me, or does it seem like every running play is in between the guards (up the middle)? Whatever happened to counter plays, sweeps and off tackle runs. A few years ago - when Norv was the coordinator, we ran off tackle quite a bit. I am not saying this would make the running game click, but would give the defense something else to prepare for. Thoughts?
Originally posted by babby1974:
Question for everyone. Is it just me, or does it seem like every running play is in between the guards (up the middle)? Whatever happened to counter plays, sweeps and off tackle runs. A few years ago - when Norv was the coordinator, we ran off tackle quite a bit. I am not saying this would make the running game click, but would give the defense something else to prepare for. Thoughts?

I wonder the something, but at the same time this o line stinks so I wouldn't expect much. As bad as they block sweeps would just be losing yards.
  • TFSP
Great question. Again, a talentless O-line prevents us to do a lot. Although I would like to see a RB that's 230 lbs. To be a rushing attack type team, in today's NFL, you need to kinds of backs.
Originally posted by TFSP:
Great question. Again, a talentless O-line prevents us to do a lot. Although I would like to see a RB that's 230 lbs. To be a rushing attack type team, in today's NFL, you need to kinds of backs.

Yes, and coffee unforunately is not that back.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for vermonator.
Gore runs best between the tackles. Look at all his big runs, they're all from breaking through the middle.
Share 49ersWebzone