There are 434 users in the forums

Munusky possible HC ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by vermonator:
What's up with teams pilfering through our coaching staff? Let us at least win a championship first. Ridiculous!

Championship.....? Hah, I'll settle for a winning record.....
Why don't Scott lock him down like Jones did to Jason Garret
Originally posted by sixbricks:

GMs can't do anything to prevent coordinators from becoming HCs.

-9fA
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Manusky just became a DC, why would anyone want him as HC?

Ya..I think Manusky is here for a few more years.
I would be more worried about Jerry Jones taking manusky after uhhhhh.... what the hell is his name.... The dallas HC.

Man that doobie hit the spot....
  • Luca
  • Veteran
I hope Leslie gets the job!!!!
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Our team will go right back into the s**tter if that happens.

no it won't cause Wade Phillips will be fired at the end of the year when the Cowgirls won't make the playoff... Remember Wade was the one who recommended Munusky to Nolan since Munusky used to work under Wade in SD.
I think Manusky won't get head coach gig til 2011. Hope he stays with us for awhile.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Browns: Once the Browns hire a new GM, his first order of business will be to hire a new head coach. After being burned by giving too much power to Eric Mangini, owner Randy Lerner is more likely to go the "strong GM" route, which would rule out men like Cowher, Shanahan, Holmgren, and Gruden, who surely will hold out for a position in which they'll run the show. So Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier or 49ers defensive coordinator Greg Manusky could become attractive options.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-11-04/coaching-carousel-will-be-wild-ride-2010

OMG...things must be slow today if this is what people are worried about...First, this is pure speculation. The writer even says that Manusky or Frazier "could become" candidates, not that they are candidates or are known to have interest or that the Browns (or anyone else) are known to have interest. Second, there's still over 1/2 the season to play so who knows who the hot assistants will be by then. Third, there's no indication that Manusky would want to go to the mess that the Browns have become. Fourth, whomever the next HC in Cleveland is going to be is going to be driven by the next GM, who hasn't even been hired yet. Fifth, the Browns just hired Mangini so while he could be one and done if their season continues to spiral out of control, it is also just as possible that if they play a little better and win a couple of games, he could be back at least for 1 more year.

Relax, the sky isn't falling...its early November...there are plenty of things to be worried about in 49er land other than Manusky becoming the next HC of the Browns.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by kem99:
Originally posted by susweel:
Browns: Once the Browns hire a new GM, his first order of business will be to hire a new head coach. After being burned by giving too much power to Eric Mangini, owner Randy Lerner is more likely to go the "strong GM" route, which would rule out men like Cowher, Shanahan, Holmgren, and Gruden, who surely will hold out for a position in which they'll run the show. So Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier or 49ers defensive coordinator Greg Manusky could become attractive options.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-11-04/coaching-carousel-will-be-wild-ride-2010

OMG...things must be slow today if this is what people are worried about...First, this is pure speculation. The writer even says that Manusky or Frazier "could become" candidates, not that they are candidates or are known to have interest or that the Browns (or anyone else) are known to have interest. Second, there's still over 1/2 the season to play so who knows who the hot assistants will be by then. Third, there's no indication that Manusky would want to go to the mess that the Browns have become. Fourth, whomever the next HC in Cleveland is going to be is going to be driven by the next GM, who hasn't even been hired yet. Fifth, the Browns just hired Mangini so while he could be one and done if their season continues to spiral out of control, it is also just as possible that if they play a little better and win a couple of games, he could be back at least for 1 more year.

Relax, the sky isn't falling...its early November...there are plenty of things to be worried about in 49er land other than Manusky becoming the next HC of the Browns.

Nobody is worried, its just something I came across and thought I would share it with the zone. Personally I don't really care if he goes or stays, IMHO he is nothing special.

Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Our team will go right back into the s**tter if that happens.

What do you bet Vance Singletary gets DC if that happens....

NO WAY! Singletary would never do that and further I do not believe York/S.Mac would sign off on it.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I can see Manusky a possible candidate if Turner gets fired in SD.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by sixbricks:

GMs can't do anything to prevent coordinators from becoming HCs.

-9fA

They can overpay them to such a level as to push their contract demands to ridiculous levels as a HC in order to drive teams away.
Share 49ersWebzone