There are 315 users in the forums

Munusky possible HC ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Browns: Once the Browns hire a new GM, his first order of business will be to hire a new head coach. After being burned by giving too much power to Eric Mangini, owner Randy Lerner is more likely to go the "strong GM" route, which would rule out men like Cowher, Shanahan, Holmgren, and Gruden, who surely will hold out for a position in which they'll run the show. So Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier or 49ers defensive coordinator Greg Manusky could become attractive options.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-11-04/coaching-carousel-will-be-wild-ride-2010
Our team will go right back into the s**tter if that happens.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

What do you bet Vance Singletary gets DC if that happens....
No doubt he's going to be a HC at some point. Whether that's 2010 or later remains to be seen.
Time will tell. a lot of these lesser known guys will be options b/c they can be controlled and won't ask for top dollar. Raheem Morris and Jim Zorn type of coaches. If I were him I wouldn't go to Cleveland but you have take your chances when they come up, b/c they might not come back around. good for Manusky if he gets a head job though. Usually a guys name is out there for a year or so before he gets a head job and this is the 1st time i heard his name mentioned.
take jimmy ray.....
Manusky may interview, but I'm not sure he's ready to be a HC, yet. If he does get a HC gig in the offseason, good for him, I think he's a damn good DC and we were lucky to have him these last few years.
Why do other teams always steal our assistants?
What's up with teams pilfering through our coaching staff? Let us at least win a championship first. Ridiculous!

WHATCHUTALKINABOUT

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I dont think so.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Manusky may interview, but I'm not sure he's ready to be a HC, yet. If he does get a HC gig in the offseason, good for him, I think he's a damn good DC and we were lucky to have him these last few years.

I think he needs another season as a DC. The 9ers have definitely improved on defense, but they still have a ways to go. If Manusky can take the 9ers D from being a pretty good defense to an elite defense next season, then he'll be ready and what he says with his new team will carry some weight.
i say nolan would be an option before manusky. we all know nolan did not do so well as GM/HC and the way everyone is swinging on denver's nuts helps nolan too. that denver defense is way higher profile than ours.
I saw that, and I was like.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Manusky just became a DC, why would anyone want him as HC?
Share 49ersWebzone