There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bench Bruce!!!!!

Originally posted by vaniner757:
i tell you what. if he sucks this sunday, bench him an bring in jason hill..

lol Jason Hill doesn't even suit up for the games.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

haha, I thought this was the same one, then realized this one was "bench Bruce", whereas the other was "cut bruce"

So many interesting topics on this forum.
Originally posted by djfullshred:

haha, I thought this was the same one, then realized this one was "bench Bruce", whereas the other was "cut bruce"

you are always more than welcome to creat a more intersting thread.

just a thought
Originally posted by cools:
Bruce isnt playing well, and as the season moves along, I think we will see Morgan and/or Jones start to take over at Flanker

Coach Sing may be showing him respect as a Vet, in what will probably be his last year

so i doubt we will ever hear any announcement that Bruce is benched
but i expect to see his playing time dramaticly reduced during the 2nd half of the season

I agree, you can't bench a legend after 7 games. Don't forget Bruce played very well for us last year and the 9ers probably want a vet out there on the field alot of time. With that said Singletary's comments after the Indy game did kind of leave it open for Bruce to start playing less. I think we're going to have to see 2 things happen for Bruce to get benches
1-a few more really bad games by him
2-at least 2 really good games by either Jones or Hill
hey, we're in the middle of a rebuild...actually 7 yrs into it. We have to handle bruce as gently as necessary, but unless Jhill is a stiff, he should be getting the majority of chances out there, not a vet we will not resign next yr. And as i noted before, craps and morgan should be out there every play, and jhill should be out there a lot. Bruce just didn't have his heart, or maybe his head in game last week, and we are not in a position to play vets like that. Find out what jhill has, and if not much, then we need to keep looking at udfa's after the draft.
I noticed that as well. He was having fun and wanted the ball in the first half, was clearly inspired by the team. But second half he just cooled down. It happens, you lose the zone sometimes, but likely more at play there now with him. Sing knows what to do.
agreed, morgan carb and jones/hill is fine for us
Originally posted by matt49er:
Bruce isnt playing well, and as the season moves along, I think we will see Morgan and/or Jones start to take over at Flanker

Coach Sing may be showing him respect as a Vet, in what will probably be his last year

but i expect to see his playing time dramaticly reduced during the 2nd half of the season

I agree, you can't bench a legend after 7 games. Don't forget Bruce played very well for us last year and the 9ers probably want a vet out there on the field alot of time. With that said Singletary's comments after the Indy game did kind of leave it open for Bruce to start playing less. I think we're going to have to see 2 things happen for Bruce to get benches

Da hell you can't. Bill Walsh would trade them.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Yes Sir that statement would be true. This is a league of what have you done for me lately not what have you done in the past. Cut his butt asap.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by djfullshred:

you are always more than welcome to creat a more intersting thread.

just a thought

Nah, I usually use the search function, and always find there is already an open discussion on various things about the Niners I want to talk about.
I agree. He has had a hell of a career but he is not making the same type of plays that he was making last year. Its weird to see him drop passes.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Yes Sir that statement would be true. This is a league of what have you done for me lately not what have you done in the past. Cut his butt asap.

I really do want to see him get less playing time especially since we paid Jones a decent contract. But it looks like they are sticking by him as Jones said he will have the same role as last week and I haven't seen or heard anything about J.Hill playing this week. I bet he will not be benched for a min of 2 more games maybe after we play the Bears but not before that.
I think he will start to concede some more plays to Morgan but he will not be benched in favor of Jones or Hill for a while.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home