There are 209 users in the forums

Bench Bruce!!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Dino
  • Veteran
morgan and crabtree ftw
Throw his ass in the slot. Have him run that stupid z-route.
  • TFSP
Wow! Jimmy's play calling made Bruce drop more than 50% of passes thrown to him. I'd like to see the stats like this for all the receivers this year compared to Mike Martz, even when HILL and JTO was starting. I know this is about "Bruce Benching", but this gave me a reason to bring up Jimmy 'Ray ray''s play calling basher's to say to them..."Have a coke and a smile and stfu"-Eddie Murphy in DELIRIOUS imitating a conversation between Bill Cosby and himself.

[ Edited by TFSP on Nov 4, 2009 at 12:14:18 ]
The one word I would have always used for Bruce is that he is solid. He has just never made mistakes in the past, but now he's making them. I don't know what's causing his mistakes, but I know that no player in the NFL has the opportunity to make very many of them. I wouldn't go so far as to say bench him right now, but his playing time needs to be diminished until he can regain his old ability. And if he can’t get back to his old self, then I guess his career has come to an end, and that’s not such a bad thing in that he’s going to be a first ballet Hall of Famer.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
The one word I would have always used for Bruce is that he is solid. He has just never made mistakes in the past, but now he's making them. I don't know what's causing his mistakes, but I know that no player in the NFL has the opportunity to make very many of them. I wouldn't go so far as to say bench him right now, but his playing time needs to be diminished until he can regain his old ability. And if he can’t get back to his old self, then I guess his career has come to an end, and that’s not such a bad thing in that he’s going to be a first ballet Hall of Famer.

That's what a lot of posters say about Arnaz Battle too. What is with the lovefest for these old WR's?
i tell you what. if he sucks this sunday, bench him an bring in jason hill..
Not going to go savage on Bruce but this team isn't young anymore. We keep thinking about Nolan coming in and cleaning house and our players still being young. It's been 5 years and our players are getting older.

This team really needs to put their young players "out there", let them fail or succeed and let the chemistry begin. We can't afford our players to get older on the bench or minimal reps by allowing a former great player like Bruce to get most of the reps.

Save Bruce during playoff time, which is probably when he will shine.
Originally posted by vaniner757:
i tell you what. if he sucks this sunday, bench him an bring in jason hill..

I would rather have B. Jones come in the game.
Yeah, I would like to see Jones seriously cut into his playing time.... and Hill take all of Battle's playing time. :)

Originally posted by RYPTOUT:
Don't bench him... just reduce his playing time.

free brandon jones
Bruce should have his playing time severely reduced after that big, or HUGE DROP against the Colts for a first down. It is a shame that after all he's been through, Alex Smith is getting the ball to em but Bruce cant make room in his daily schedule to catch the damned thing!!!!Keep the fire burning in Alex, give him some REAL targets!!!On that note, WhereTF is Jason Hill, I remember him making play after play last year, now that guy has a good RAC/YAC factor.IF Shaun Hill can be a starter based on his performance last season, then why cant the other Hill get a few reps.In fact drop Bruce and bring in Dom Ziegler, Id take him over Bruce and Battle, Lets improve this team for the sake of WINNING!!!
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:
Don't bench him... just reduce his playing time.

free brandon jones

this!
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Drops are one thing, and bad enough for a future HOF'er, but the apparent lack of effort is more disturbing. I think he's done and knows it. our younger guys need to get on the field and show their worth, esp jones.

THIS! he doesn't try anymore! just bench him -- he is old, slow, and now his magical hands are brick. that = bench/mentoring time for the rest of the season.
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by MLobsterbush:
I agree, Bruce is done, If a team such as the seahawks can Bench RICE, and the Broncos can CUT Rice, then how come we cant Bench BRUCE!? Its only because his name that he is still starting. Would he really Start fo any other team in the NFL? HE IS WASHED UP!

What Rice are you be speaking of?

Is this a serious question
Share 49ersWebzone