There are 463 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Smith labled a "choke" QB.

Originally posted by Reckless:
On First take they were discussing The Saints/Falcons game and the fact they consider Ryan's 3 picks "choke throws".

The 1st and 10 crew said there are few QB's like that in the NFL, Jay Cutler, Philip Rivers, and to an extent, McNabb...

Then for whatever reason they brought up Smith saying in the both games he played he had "choke throws".

I don't know about the rest of the zone, but I don't see Smith as a choke artist.

The Seattle game in '06, then the opener in '07. Plus the chance to really play a full season to show more.

I agree. I also seem as a 'choke' artist.
Originally posted by utah49er:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He didn't choke in the last 2 games. Not even close.

Alex Smith is the new Steve Deberg. For you kids who missed little Stevie -- here's the deal.

DeBerg came to the 49ers and immediately assumed the starting position and like the gunslinger he was -- provided an immediate jolt of excitement. He hit multiple receivers with multiple passes.

And yet -- at the end of the game -- he'd either miss a key pass or throw a killer pick and it was "game over pal."

Bill Walsh would later describe him as a QB who was just good enough to hand us one crushing loss after another.

Alex Smith = Steve DeBerg

Sure -- you're going to see signs of brilliance out of Alex. He's gonna hit some amazing passes. Receivers are going to have big days.

But the end result will be another loss. It will always be another loss.

Read MM's thoughts about Smith. Matt M. has only been to every practice, game, and in the locker room since Smith started in the league.
I would think he may know a little more than you about Smith

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/11/walker-ready-to-bust-out-smith-returns-home.html

You think a reporter is going to know more than the average fan? Seriously? Right then. So, Glenn Dickey, who covered every 49er game and practice for decades was right on the money when he labled Joe Montana a bust?

Please

I see that Alex is off to yet another scintillating start. Look for Shaun Hill in relief at halftime. The Niners cannot afford to let another game slip away.
well...
At this point might as well put Nate Davis in. Didnt take long for Alex to go back to his normal ways.
he still looks better than before, but the semi late throws are killer.

alex has crazy bad luck.. shaun hill ducks dont get tiped in the air, they just fall dead to the ground.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
At this point might as well put Nate Davis in. Didnt take long for Alex to go back to his normal ways.

I'm all for seeing Nate hit the field in the future. Alex is making the same mistakes he's always made.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He needs to play better if he wants to get that extension. There is still doubt with Alex until he proves he can do it.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I'm all for seeing Nate hit the field in the future. Alex is making the same mistakes he's always made.

Agreed we got nothing else to lose. As well cut Harralson he's a bum!