There are 183 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MBarrows: No dirty player on team, but that's a bad thing

You can be aggressive without being dirty...the way the NFL is policing games these days, it's just stupid to play dirty. You have to be smart...play hard, but stay within the rules, or you'll cost your team precious penalty yards. Not to mention, our guys would end up in Singletary's dog house, not someplace they want to be.
that's why killa keith was as fan favorite. jeff ulbrich is our only dirty player. AND andy lee
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I would take Harvey Dahl back and he just spent time with us on the PS.

The problem is our OL lacks veteran leadership and aggressiveness. These guys are young guys like Chilo who are tentative, they're not very talented like Snyder, or they look like Tarzan but play like Jane(Baas). Dallas's OL has Flozell Adams, who is dirty with all his tripping penalties and late hits after plays are over but he's aggressive and a road grader. ATL has Harvey Dahl who really gets under the opponent's skin, and pushes guys around. NYG has Kareem McKenzie as a vet, and a guy like Seubert gives that nastiness. I remember the dude during the superbowl week in 07 was saying how he was biting off cow balls or goat balls or whatever with his teeth, which is disgusting, but he's not afraid to get dirty and get nasty and punish the other team. We don't have anyone like that. The only vet we have is Heitmann and he's a good player, but he's not an aggressive nasty guy. In his spair time he plays the piano. Staley is talented and a good player, and now he's out. If we had a RT who was a nasty player, I think our whole OL would get better. We lack toughness as a team, but ESPECIALLY on the OL. We lack toughness and speed IMO.

what the f**k?

If you ever have testicles in your mouth, you are gay...not tough,lol.
I miss having Larry Allen.
Originally posted by jcs:
Your Oline should be dirty. They should be willing to lay out some punishment if they think their players are being hit excessively. The last guy we had like that was derrick deese. Back in the day our Oline was always considered one of the dirtiest.
The reason for that was that McKittrick taught sound blocking technique that included a type of cut block that DL hated.

The "enforcers" on the great teams were the OL guys. When a rookie got out of line, or celebrated, he could plan on a "talk" with Harris Barton or Guy McIntyre, or before that Keith Fahnhorst. One "talk" was all that was needed to adjust the attitude of the rook. I can only imagine Barton getting in the face of Morgan, Davis and Rachal after their selfish stupidity at Indy.
You don't need dirty players on the team, but it would be nice to have a player that people feared. The 9ers have the nucleous of a good team, but they don't have that feared player like Ronnie Lott once was for the team.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Here it is:

Quote:
11:54
[Comment From Tyson Lamp (San Jose, CA)]
Sports Illustrated players poll named Hines Ward, Joey Porter and Albert Haynesworth "dirtest players". Who is the 49ers dirtest player?

11:56
mbarrows: Tyson --

They don't have a dirty player, and to me, that's an issue ...

SAC BEE LIVE

patrick Willis !
Well everyone they mention are in their own way game changers. I mean for us i'd have to say P.Willy. He's not a dirty player tho, but i think in regards to what they bring to the team, he should be in that area. just not the dirty
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I miss having Larry Allen.

I think this may have been along the lines of what Barrows meant. We try to play physical, and yet still play clean. Allen would hit opposing DL in the ribs while they were engaged with other OL. Stuff like that made the other team play more tentative. We try to "hit ppl in the mouth", but we don't intimidate anybody. Our OL could use a guy that takes a few "cheap" shots, the kind that intimidate without drawing flags.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Bring back Kevin Gogan..

I remember him....he had no neck.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I would take Harvey Dahl back and he just spent time with us on the PS.

The problem is our OL lacks veteran leadership and aggressiveness. These guys are young guys like Chilo who are tentative, they're not very talented like Snyder, or they look like Tarzan but play like Jane(Baas). Dallas's OL has Flozell Adams, who is dirty with all his tripping penalties and late hits after plays are over but he's aggressive and a road grader. ATL has Harvey Dahl who really gets under the opponent's skin, and pushes guys around. NYG has Kareem McKenzie as a vet, and a guy like Seubert gives that nastiness. I remember the dude during the superbowl week in 07 was saying how he was biting off cow balls or goat balls or whatever with his teeth, which is disgusting, but he's not afraid to get dirty and get nasty and punish the other team. We don't have anyone like that. The only vet we have is Heitmann and he's a good player, but he's not an aggressive nasty guy. In his spair time he plays the piano. Staley is talented and a good player, and now he's out. If we had a RT who was a nasty player, I think our whole OL would get better. We lack toughness as a team, but ESPECIALLY on the OL. We lack toughness and speed IMO.

what the f**k?

If you ever have testicles in your mouth, you are gay...not tough,lol.

Yeah I agree it's f**king disgusting. But he's disgusting, I bet he says plenty of stuff to the other team and gets in their heads and s**t. Dude said he did it on the jim rome show I think.
Pull Romo from CSN California?
We dont need a dirty player, we just need another great one to pair with Willis. Even Batman needs Robin. We just need another Ronnie Lott type player to set this team off.
Joey Porter and Albert Haynesworth I can understand, but why is Hines Ward considered a dirty player? Other than that chip block last year I don't see him being a dirty player.
So does no dirty player mean we're soft?