Originally posted by teeohh:
we need a lineman with dreads

Ray McDonald
1984 Niners didn't have any dirty players and went 18-1

I don't see the correlation, really.
get brandon spikes
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
get brandon spikes

lol, he'll be the dirty player the 4 games he isn't suspended a season.
We should pick Brandon Spikes. And we should get Harvey Dahl back again. We need some toughness on this team. We need some guys who take cheap shots after the play is over.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 3, 2009 at 21:56:56 ]
Originally posted by chucksteak49:
dirty?
would anyone call those supposed "leg cramps" that takeo and parys had in between plays during the colts game dirty?
jk.

haha, pretty funny stuff though. i was laughing as soon as i saw parys go down in the replay.

was that the one where it shows him just walking all normal with his head down or something...then looks over to our side line.... then all the sudden, drops to the floor in pain

I was telling my brother...it was like someone from our sideline had an imaginary sniper gun and took Parys out.

edit- and I think the Colts stadium crew made sure the crowd saw the replay because they started Booing quite louder.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 3, 2009 at 22:21:00 ]
Originally posted by jcs:
Your Oline should be dirty. They should be willing to lay out some punishment if they think their players are being hit excessively. The last guy we had like that was derrick deese. Back in the day our Oline was always considered one of the dirtiest.

For sure. Back in the dynasty days, a lot of Niner haters complained about how they had a cheating dirty group of SOBs on the O-line.
I would take Harvey Dahl back and he just spent time with us on the PS.

The problem is our OL lacks veteran leadership and aggressiveness. These guys are young guys like Chilo who are tentative, they're not very talented like Snyder, or they look like Tarzan but play like Jane(Baas). Dallas's OL has Flozell Adams, who is dirty with all his tripping penalties and late hits after plays are over but he's aggressive and a road grader. ATL has Harvey Dahl who really gets under the opponent's skin, and pushes guys around. NYG has Kareem McKenzie as a vet, and a guy like Seubert gives that nastiness. I remember the dude during the superbowl week in 07 was saying how he was biting off cow balls or goat balls or whatever with his teeth, which is disgusting, but he's not afraid to get dirty and get nasty and punish the other team. We don't have anyone like that. The only vet we have is Heitmann and he's a good player, but he's not an aggressive nasty guy. In his spair time he plays the piano. Staley is talented and a good player, and now he's out. If we had a RT who was a nasty player, I think our whole OL would get better. We lack toughness as a team, but ESPECIALLY on the OL. We lack toughness and speed IMO.
Not really sure if it's a bad thing but this is 100% Mike Nolan's doing and has nothing to do with anyone currently involved with the organization right now.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I would take Harvey Dahl back and he just spent time with us on the PS.

The problem is our OL lacks veteran leadership and aggressiveness. These guys are young guys like Chilo who are tentative, they're not very talented like Snyder, or they look like Tarzan but play like Jane(Baas). Dallas's OL has Flozell Adams, who is dirty with all his tripping penalties and late hits after plays are over but he's aggressive and a road grader. ATL has Harvey Dahl who really gets under the opponent's skin, and pushes guys around. NYG has Kareem McKenzie as a vet, and a guy like Seubert gives that nastiness. I remember the dude during the superbowl week in 07 was saying how he was biting off cow balls or goat balls or whatever with his teeth, which is disgusting, but he's not afraid to get dirty and get nasty and punish the other team. We don't have anyone like that. The only vet we have is Heitmann and he's a good player, but he's not an aggressive nasty guy. In his spair time he plays the piano. Staley is talented and a good player, and now he's out. If we had a RT who was a nasty player, I think our whole OL would get better. We lack toughness as a team, but ESPECIALLY on the OL. We lack toughness and speed IMO.

what the f**k?
Originally posted by teeohh:
we need a lineman with dreads

• Ether
  • Veteran
Patrick Willis needs to be a dirtier player, and so does Dashon Goldson. Clements had a the biggest mean streak on our team, but even that wasn't much...
oline needs to play with a mean streak and maul some mofo's

Chilo did that last year (to a certain degree) and thats why he got the starting job...
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Crabs, VD...I think we have a few dirty players on this team.
Share 49ersWebzone