Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CB Keith Smith in, Spurlock Gone

Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Originally posted by valrod33:

what the f**k is wrong with his head

ROLMAO

The wife just walked by and saw me looking close at the picture, and asked me what he did? She thought I was at the America Most Wanted site she goes to.

I know if my wife hung out at amw.com all day, I wouldn't be worried or anything.

start worrying when you see her on www.prisonpenpals.com after being on AMW.com
  • da209
  • Veteran
spurlock wasnt doing anythag anyways lol.

your thoughts????

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2009/11/03/49ers-sign-cornerback-release-spurlock/
Posted already
Could have saved themselves the trouble and a step had they cut Spurlock to BEGIN with instead of Rossum.

I can guarantee that Rossum is a step above Keith Smith.

If we barely finish at .500 or worse than McCloughan needs to go.

I get that the draft is a crapshoot. You don't watch over 35 years of NFL Football and not understand that.

I get that with the FA market too. Especially in the salary Cap era where people overpay to get the best guy on the list. Nevermind that guy may not be a solid fit in their systems.

It's the moves he makes DURING the season that leave many including myself .

The Rossum move was that kind of move. What the hell prompted the staff to believe that a solid PR/KR and emergency DB was expendable in favor of a scrub WR that didn't even see the field except as a component in a failed attempt to run the "Tazer"?!!!

If they can give me a CREDIBLE answer as to why I will not be so hot. BUt so far as I know they can't.

~Ceadder
now, why wasnt spurlock returing kicks?

[ Edited by darkknight49 on Nov 3, 2009 at 15:08:07 ]
Originally posted by darkknight49:
now, why wasnt spurlock returing kicks?

cuz that was clements, battle and Jones job.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
we couldnt let spurlock go two weeks ago and keep sheets? i dont get it

Does anybody get it? What the bleep is Scot doing?
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Could have saved themselves the trouble and a step had they cut Spurlock to BEGIN with instead of Rossum.

I get that the draft is a crapshoot. You don't watch over 35 years of NFL Football and not understand that.

I get that with the FA market too. Especially in the salary Cap era where people overpay to get the best guy on the list. Nevermind that guy may not be a solid fit in their systems.

The Rossum move was that kind of move. What the hell prompted the staff to believe that a solid PR/KR and emergency DB was expendable in favor of a scrub WR that didn't even see the field except as a component in a failed attempt to run the "Tazer"?!!!

If they can give me a CREDIBLE answer as to why I will not be so hot. BUt so far as I know they can't.

~Ceadder

shoulda just brought back sammy davis
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
shoulda just brought back sammy davis
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
From Twitter:

Adam_Schefter

49ers signed CB Keith Smith to a one-year contract. The team also released WR Micheal Spurlock.

http://www.nfl.com/players/keithsmith/profile?id=SMI450370

Here's my question:

Why do we keep Michael Robinson???????
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
From Twitter:

Adam_Schefter

49ers signed CB Keith Smith to a one-year contract. The team also released WR Micheal Spurlock.

Here's my question:

unlike spurlock, he actually contributes on Special teams.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
From Twitter:

Adam_Schefter

Here's my question:

unlike spurlock, he actually contributes on Special teams.

I think they BOTH should be gone! Robinson does absolutely NOTHING!
Just a depth signing
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

Yeap. I'm a Scotty supporter, but this whole drop Rossum, letting Sheets get to the Phins, and NOW releasing Spurlock boggles the friggin' mind.

Demetric Evans and Marques Harris have contributed nothing this season, yet they remain on the 53 as well.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home