LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 186 users in the forums

the 49er D is #1 against the rush

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TX9R:
That's a little misleading as we have played mostly passing teams. AZ was in the same boat until they played a team that actually runs...and they got gashed big time. The next game should tell us where we really are.

i think its a pretty good stat and we have played 3 of the best RBs in the game in Adrian Peterson, Steven Jackson and Michael Turner.

We havent allowed a 100 yard rusher all year.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
That's a little misleading as we have played mostly passing teams. AZ was in the same boat until they played a team that actually runs...and they got gashed big time. The next game should tell us where we really are.

i think its a pretty good stat and we have played 3 of the best RBs in the game in Adrian Peterson, Steven Jackson and Michael Turner.

We havent allowed a 100 yard rusher all year.

We did OK on Peterson, SJax isn't hard to stop because he's all they have and no line, Turner hasn't really been any good until last night. It's a good D, but teams have been passing so much on us I wouldn't say it's an elite D just yet against the run.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
NFL.com says we're #2.
Quote:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers 76.6
2. San Francisco 49ers 84.9
3. Denver Broncos 86.1
4. Baltimore Ravens 87.6
5. Cincinnati Bengals 88.0
Originally posted by Kolohe:
NFL.com says we're #2.
Quote:

3. Denver Broncos 86.1
4. Baltimore Ravens 87.6

#2 in YPG, #1 in YPA

Yeah it can be, but at the same time Atlanta and Minnesota are no slouches in the running game. Locking Peterson and Turner under 100 yards each is pretty good for our D.

I think our D played better than they have all year against the Colts. It really says something that the only TD they scored came off a trick play they hadnt run in 9 years.

Adrian Peterson, Steven Jackson and Michael Turner are top 10 in rushing.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I'm not a moral victory kind of guy.

Unfortunately, the team hasn't proven that they're capable of any other type of victory yet.

Our record is where the team should be...

And, yes, it would have been nice to steal a few from Minn, Hou & Indy.

We need the second coming of Fred Dean AND Charles Haley to balance out a top 5 defense.
Our run defense has been outstanding, but that's 2 weeks in a row now that we've allowed a huge run when the other team was running down the clock. Killing our last chance at a final drive. That's gotta stop.
Why try to run on our team when O's can pick us apart with the pass and a TE! It's like when the Vikings before Allen, they were great against the run but couldn't stop the pass. I'll respect our run D more when we're top 15 against the pass also.
Does the glass always have to be half empty on this forum?

1. Yes - we have faced 3 top NFL leading rushers in Peterson, Turner, and Jackson
so that stat is not misleading

2. No - we have not allowed a 100 yard rusher all season facing these backs

3. No - I wouldn't call keeping Peyton Manning out of the endzone all game getting burned with the passing attack.

Make up all the excuses you like but 3 out of our 4 losses have been by 4 points or less and all on the road. The defense has been doing their job. The offense and the offensive side of our special teams have cost us these games.

When the coaching staff realizes that they do not have the personnel to run the desired packages the offense will get better. Raye needs to keep us out of 3rd and long situations and we will be a playoff contender.

good thing rush defense has a high correlation to winning OH WAIT

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
NFL.com says we're #2.
Quote:

3. Denver Broncos 86.1
4. Baltimore Ravens 87.6

#2 in YPG, #1 in YPA

Well, when you're 28th against the pass, I'm not sure how many teams want to run aginst you...
if you just read the titles of these posts, you would be certain to think you were on a Super Bowl caliber fan forum. lol

#1 Rush D and the #6 QB, that in itself usually translates to a winning record
if we stop the titans rush offense, vince young should offer up some nice INTS

we havent had a pick since Mr Bly thought he was prime time & fumbled the ball
this week should be a good week to get some picks

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
if we stop the titans rush offense, vince young should offer up some nice INTS

we havent had a pick since Mr Bly thought he was prime time & fumbled the ball
this week should be a good week to get some picks

the mext 2 games we play are against QB who are prone to throw INTs, Vince Young and Gay Cutler, Cutler already has 11 ints on the year
Share 49ersWebzone