There are 145 users in the forums

Maybe move back to 4-3?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Absolutely. Shutting down what is possibly the best offense in the NFL with the 3-4 makes it very clear we should not use the 3-4. Singletary knows nothing.
If Jed get his head out of Sing's crotch and blows the whole thing up. The team could go back to a 4-3.

Franklin is really struggling which is not letting Willis do his thing. If Franklin is not re-signed, this team lacks the 2 biggest factors in a 3-4; NT, pass rushing OLBs. Willis, Bowman, and Lawson (if re-signed) are better suited for a 4-3. Slide Smith to RE and use the money to re-sign Franklin on the best LE. Soap and RJF can start but they would need to draft a DT early.

Too many teams are switching to a 3-4 so moving back to a 4-3 might be more beneficial.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Chief:
Our defense works, how about we fix our offense...?

this
Originally posted by darkknight49:

does not equal reality

lol
Yes. I think we're better suited for a 4-3 since Franklin has gone back to being awful.
I think we should. We have the most uncreative 3-4 blitzes I ever seen, Its just Ahmad Brooks or parys harlason blitzing on the outside every play

Next year I think we should switch to 4-3

Bowman or Brooks Willis Lawson
McDonald Sopoaga Smith LaBoy
or
McDonald Sopoaga RJF Smith

[ Edited by CrAnKD4TCRabTree on Oct 16, 2010 at 09:51:28 ]
  • Envy
  • Veteran
The system is fine. Our application of it is the issue. We've never made an effort to bring in a consistent pass rusher. The Ravens and Steelers have the same system and use it wisely.
Definetily not midseason but I'm open to it at the end of the year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Definetily not midseason but I'm open to it at the end of the year.
Why on earth go back to the 4-3 which works when we have the 3-4 which doesn't? 3-4 is for coaches with imagination. We run a 3-4 and it predictable, Parys or Ahmad blitzing which doesn't count for imagination. Our truly predictable D right now would be world's better in 4-3 with blitzes from all 3 LB spots and both corners, occ a Safety. But no, that is what a thinking coach would do and that's right, we don't have one of those.

I still maintain that manusk alone would be a helluva lot better than having BMs bs D gameplan in his ear. BM just lays green stinky steamers on the grass every time he gets out there to coach. Take away his HC job, and let manusk and MJ run D and O. Let's see what THEY got. We already know what BM has...nothing. Nothing imaginative, that is.

Interesting that this has been discussed in the Does Aubrayo Franklin Suck Now? thread.
We have no 4-3 defensive ends.
Maybe so, but we got no passrush but the predictable Parys and Ahmad. How has that worked out, by the way, when we just had to have that one stop? Yeah, not very.
  • titan
  • Veteran
We pretty much had the same result when we were on 4-3. No pressure,low sack numbers.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
We have no 4-3 defensive ends.

Travis LaBoy was a 4-3 end.
I think Ray McDonald can play as a 4-3 DE
Share 49ersWebzone