LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

RETURN MARTZ AS COACH SINGLETARY'S OC FOR 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerhigh:
It has become rather obvious that head coach Singletary's offense was much more effective with more yards and more points under offensive coordinator Mike Martz in 2008 than under Jimmy Raye for the first 7 games in 2009.

At the end of this season Coach Singletary should reevaluate the offensive coordinator position and consider returning Mike Martz to that post.

So...you would not only want the 49ers to go 8 for 8 in changing OC over the last 8 years but then would recommend that Singletary undercut his credibility by bringing back the OC he said did not fit what he wanted to do??? And, then, you would also bring back Martz who did not show the greatest confidence in your top 2 remaining QBs?

It is going to take a monumental collapse for Singletary to fire Raye at the end of this year. Part of the reason Raye is here is because Singletary wanted to stop the revolving door at OC. You have a better chance of Raye leaving by voluntary retirement than you do the 49ers firing him.
Originally posted by nooj:
Fail
HEWKED AWN FONIKZ WIRKED FIR MI!!!!!!!
At least don't butcher his name and coach Singletary's at the same time.
Uh, no.. Bad idea.... Hiring Martz was a bad idea, bringing him back would be a worse idea.
SHUT YOUR MOUTH
I'm afraid of Marz. There could be martians on Marz. No thanks I don't want some alien running my offense.
Originally posted by kem99:
Originally posted by ninerhigh:
It has become rather obvious that head coach Singletary's offense was much more effective with more yards and more points under offensive coordinator Mike Martz in 2008 than under Jimmy Raye for the first 7 games in 2009.

At the end of this season Coach Singletary should reevaluate the offensive coordinator position and consider returning Mike Martz to that post.

So...you would not only want the 49ers to go 8 for 8 in changing OC over the last 8 years but then would recommend that Singletary undercut his credibility by bringing back the OC he said did not fit what he wanted to do??? And, then, you would also bring back Martz who did not show the greatest confidence in your top 2 remaining QBs?

It is going to take a monumental collapse for Singletary to fire Raye at the end of this year. Part of the reason Raye is here is because Singletary wanted to stop the revolving door at OC. You have a better chance of Raye leaving by voluntary retirement than you do the 49ers firing him.

And I'm sure Martz is just dying to come back and work for the guy who fired him at the end of last season.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RonMexico:
SHUT YOUR MOUTH

SHUT YOUR MOUTH

Originally posted by luv49rs:
SHUT YOUR MOUTH

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
SHUT YOUR MOUTH

• Paul
  • Veteran
wtf no! Martz needs to go to the UFL as a coach, I'd saying bring back Turner if SD fires him otherwise keep Raye on board so we have some stability for once.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Bring in Urban Meyer for OC

Share 49ersWebzone