There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary backs Raye

Singletary will always have to back his coordinators because he doesn't know a damn thing about Xs and Os.

so basically i should hope for us to fall behind early to force us to open up the passing game???

[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Nov 2, 2009 at 17:48:41 ]
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Singletary did concede that Raye is still in the process of learning what his players do best, and thus the offense is still evolving.-Barrows

How long does that process take?

All we know . . . and see . . . is that we move the ball much more effectively with the single RB personnel groups. If I see another play wasted on a flat pass to Moran fricken Norris I'm going to damage something.
Here's a really scary stat. If you take out the 2 defensive and 2 special teams touchdowns, the offense is averaging 17 points a game. That is only a 3.32 point per game improvement over 2007. So the offense is good for 2 touchdowns and 1 field goal a game. Rest of the game it's pretty much all 3 and outs. It is downright sickening to see this offense stuck in mud year after year. Yeah, Nolan is gone. But his gutless conservative and unimaginative offensive mentality lives on with Singletary and Raye.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Singletary did concede that Raye is still in the process of learning what his players do best, and thus the offense is still evolving.-Barrows

That's what i was wondering as well. It's obvious to us fans what works the best for the offense, how long does it take Raye?

-9fA

We have had a whole offseason to figure that out. We're heading into week 9 for crying out loud.

How is it that most fans know what most of the players we have are better at but a professional OC who should know more than us can't figure this out?!

Well, here's Jimmy Rayes resume from 1999.

1999 Chiefs 9-7
2000 Chiefs 7-9 (went down)
2001 Redskins 8-8
2002 Jets 9-7
2003 Jets 6-10 (again went down)
2004 Raiders 5-11
2005 Raiders 4-12 (Down yet again)
2006 Jets 10-6
2007 Jets 4-12 (Again?)
2008 Jets 9-7

Is this the great Offensive Coordinator's record you speak off ??
Pardon Mua .....
I guess we shouldn't second guess his offensive schemes since he's done so well!

[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Nov 2, 2009 at 19:34:09 ]
Singletary was also asked why they scrapped the shotgun and 3 widereceiver sets in the second half, and all he kept saying was the coaches and Alex arent ready for that? If this offense we put together is ready for anything, it would be this spread offense. It also covers up our weak line pretty well. IMO.
Originally posted by TheCatch:
Singletary was also asked why they scrapped the shotgun and 3 widereceiver sets in the second half, and all he kept saying was the coaches and Alex arent ready for that? If this offense we put together is ready for anything, it would be this spread offense. It also covers up our weak line pretty well. IMO.

That's bad coaching. For a team to not be ready for a system that they should know and that works good for them.

^ Worded bad but I'm sure you know what I mean lol
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:

That's what i was wondering as well. It's obvious to us fans what works the best for the offense, how long does it take Raye?

-9fA

We have had a whole offseason to figure that out. We're heading into week 9 for crying out loud.

How is it that most fans know what most of the players we have are better at but a professional OC who should know more than us can't figure this out?!

1999 Chiefs 9-7
2001 Redskins 8-8
2002 Jets 9-7
2004 Raiders 5-11
2006 Jets 10-6
2007 Jets 4-12 (Again?)
2008 Jets 9-7

Pardon Mua .....
I guess we shouldn't second guess his offensive schemes since he's done so well!

WoooHooo....Bring on them 2 and 20 draw plays

I like it, I love it, I want some more of it.......
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Why do we not run sweeps plays or off tackle running plays. Why is it always straight up the middle?
I heard Coffee got into trouble for trying to break a run outside. Raye and Sing want up the gut for 2 yard gains untill they have to punt. Now that's smash mouth football
babyyyyyy......
Originally posted by GORO:
Why do we not run sweeps plays or off tackle running plays. Why is it always straight up the middle?
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by GORO:

That's fricken awesome........

-9fA

1999 Chiefs 9-7
2001 Redskins 8-8
2002 Jets 9-7
2004 Raiders 5-11
2006 Jets 10-6
2007 Jets 4-12 (Again?)
2008 Jets 9-7

Pardon Mua .....

Useless stats. Go look at the Saints from previous years.

-9fA

-9fA

1999 Chiefs 9-7
2001 Redskins 8-8
2002 Jets 9-7
2004 Raiders 5-11
2006 Jets 10-6
2007 Jets 4-12 (Again?)
2008 Jets 9-7

Pardon Mua .....

-9fA

I'm not coming at anyone but just want to know why these are useless facts. I think I understand the point you're making about Peyton with the Cowboys. The key difference is that Peyton was always innovative on offense. I don't necessarily see that with Raye. Even during his first year with the Saints, they were an explosive offense.

My greatest fear is that Raye and Singletary are tied at the hip and we muddle through another three years of losing records, even with improvement from personnel on the OL. Ultimately it's just not lack of talent on the OL but scheme also. It will certainly take more than 2 off-seasons to develop our OL talent especially when we've had such a difficult time of finding diamonds in the rough on this team below the 4th round.

[ Edited by NinerGM on Nov 2, 2009 at 21:55:26 ]

-9fA

1999 Chiefs 9-7
2001 Redskins 8-8
2002 Jets 9-7
2004 Raiders 5-11
2006 Jets 10-6
2007 Jets 4-12 (Again?)
2008 Jets 9-7

Pardon Mua .....

-9fA

REALLY? ... and prior to Peter Carmichael Jr. Who was the Saints Offensive Coordinator? Somebody by the name of Doug Marrone? Hmm, I wonder why they didn't bring him back? Would they be 7-0 had they still had good ole Doug?

We're talking Offensive Coordinators here, and if you think that Jimmy Raye is going to take the 49er's to the playoffs and beyond using his CURRENT offensive schemes, I have a bridge to sell you!