LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Playoff race....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know most people think the 49ers have to win the NFC west to get in the playoffs...but this is not the case....

The two teams in front of us are the packers and the bears both 4-3..We play both of these teams and will likely win the bears game...

The key to getting in the playoffs is not only winning our division, but if we are not able to do that we shoul at least keep up with these two teams, because i do not see us losing that many more games, we might be able to slide in that 8th spot come playoff time!!

We hold the tie breaker if we get their record because of our division record... all three teams have a 3-2 (or 2-2) conference record, so it will come down to the division and we would own the tiebreaker!!

what do you guys think?
This thread is racist.
Originally posted by LBCniner:
I know most people think the 49ers have to win the NFC west to get in the playoffs...but this is not the case....

The two teams in front of us are the packers and the bears both 4-3..We play both of these teams and will likely win the bears game...

The key to getting in the playoffs is not only winning our division, but if we are not able to do that we shoul at least keep up with these two teams, because i do not see us losing that many more games, we might be able to slide in that 8th spot come playoff time!!

We hold the tie breaker if we get their record because of our division record... all three teams have a 3-2 (or 2-2) conference record, so it will come down to the division and we would own the tiebreaker!!

what do you guys think?

dont the Eagles Cowboys and Giants all have 5 wins????

what do you guys think?

ummm only 6 teams make the playoffs from each conference so being in the 8th spot would not get us in
my bad thought it was 8 spots

[ Edited by LBCniner on Nov 2, 2009 at 13:41:46 ]
oh crap time to delete this thread then forgot about it being 6 spots and not 8 spots (like nba)
Yeah...exactly. We have to win the NFC West or we're not making playoffs. We'd have to have a better record than the Falcons in addition to most of the NFC East.

Originally posted by WestCoast:

what do you guys think?

what do you guys think?

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf&season=2009-REG&split=Overall

and i said to get into the 8th spot

8 teams don't make the playoffs in each conference.

4 division winners and two wild card teams
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

what do you guys think?

ummm only 6 teams make the playoffs from each conference so being in the 8th spot would not get us in

FREE THREAD!!!!

Free thread? lol I owned myself...i blame basketball season for starting
Sorry but we should
I'm waiting for boobs..lol
  • JC49
  • Veteran

what do you guys think?

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf&season=2009-REG&split=Overall

and i said to get into the 8th spot

8 teams don't make the playoffs in each conference.

4 division winners and two wild card teams

Two of the Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, the Packers, Bears, and Falcons are all teams we would have to contend with and are already behind. Even if we got hot three out of five of those teams would have to falter dramatically. That's not much to pin your hopes on. We need to, and still can, win our division. We need to win at home against Arizona to even things, hang on to the tie breaking divisional record, and match the cardinals the rest of the way. When I look at our remaining games to have any hope or aspirations we have to win our remaining divisional games. After that I see six games of which we should win at least three to have any right at the playoffs. If we can't go 6-3 over the remainder of our season we don't belong in the post season.

I believe we can do that if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot. Singletary can talk about us being a "young" team (blaming the players) but I think it's the coaching staff making the mistakes that keep costing us games (with the exception of Morgan's celebration foul this past weekend).
Free thread? lol I owned myself...i blame basketball season for starting

Share 49ersWebzone