There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Still faithful- Still believe in this team!

Originally posted by momoney925:
Originally posted by matt49er:
To all the 9er haters losing faith during the 3 game skid, to everyone saying we aren't going to make the playoffs, to everyone saying fire Sing. I still have alot of faith in this team:

Smith/Crabtree and the entire offense will continue to evolve

The D when given a chance like they will be given now with Smith at QB can be great

I also believe the O will continue to open up as the team and the coaching staff continue to work at it. It's not a lighswitch type of change it takes time and this team will begin to evolve now that a QB has shown up/a #1 WR has shown up and Davis has blown up.

Hell Yes we make the Playoffs! This team has played well in 2 of it's 4 losses and we def should have won that Min game. Not many teams play Ind the way we played them today.

The NFC West completely sucks, the only other decent team the Cards have a tougher schedule and are losing to suck ass teams like the Panthers.

We will sweep the division this year that's 6 wins, def beat the Lions that's 7.

We only need 9 wins to take the division IMO maybe 8.

Look at the schedule I think we def beat the Titans next week, make it 2 straight against the Bears.

Play a competitive game against the Packers in a very winable game (D could come up big with crappy OL in GB and come up with some TO and pts)

We crush the Jags. The only game I see as a possible blowout against us is in Philly (and i'm going to that game sucks for me i guess).

I believe if we play the way we played today and the way we played the 2nd half against the Texans we will win the games below and possibly upset the Pack or Eagles.

This year the 9ers make the playoffs, reload with a FA or 2 at key positions (OL/passrush) then use the 2 first round picks to fill in the other holes.
Then the 9ers compete for a championship baby!

Sun Nov. 8 Titans - W
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - W
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - L
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - W
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - W
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - W
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

i completely agree
and i was about to post a topic on this exact thing.
we had one bad game, the rest we should have won.
but your schedule was just what i was thinking too
philly and green bay gonna be hard.
but good post
KEEP FAITHFUL NINER FANS

I don't see how people don't see the difference between these 9ers and teams of recent seasons.
We were 1 play 1 insane Brett Favre throw from beating the Vikings
We were extremely close to beating Peyton Manning and the best team in the NFL
We have found our QB/found our #1 WR/Davis is now a superstar/Gore is healthy
The D is very very good yes they are missing a elite passrusher but today we sacked Manning more than he has been sacked in a long time.
Alot of b***hing about the coaching but think about how well the D played this coaching staff did a nice job today, sure we could have stood to put Smith in the shotgun more and yes I would like to see Bruce benched in favor of Jones/Hill but that doesn't mean they are doing a bad job.
Watch this offense and Alex Smith evolve/watch Crabtree become a top tier WR
Watch this D continue to gell and become GREAT by the end of the year
No it's better to be pissed off to most of you and only look at the record and miss the obvious.
This is our team people and our squad has more talent than it has in a VERY VERY LONNNGGG time. Our fans need to adapt the fighting spirit of the team and start beleiving!
Originally posted by LBCniner:
Hell yeah im faithful forever to this team NINERS!!!!!!

Why do people pull the "faithful" card on fans that see the team is flawed? Most of us are about as faithful as they come, but that doesn't mean the Niners don't have problems.

P.S. Send me an IM, I got a bridge I want to sell you. Dont worry Sing said it's a good idea.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 1, 2009 at 21:07:31 ]
Originally posted by momoney925:
To all the 9er haters losing faith during the 3 game skid, to everyone saying we aren't going to make the playoffs, to everyone saying fire Sing. I still have alot of faith in this team:

Smith/Crabtree and the entire offense will continue to evolve

The D when given a chance like they will be given now with Smith at QB can be great

I also believe the O will continue to open up as the team and the coaching staff continue to work at it. It's not a lighswitch type of change it takes time and this team will begin to evolve now that a QB has shown up/a #1 WR has shown up and Davis has blown up.

Hell Yes we make the Playoffs! This team has played well in 2 of it's 4 losses and we def should have won that Min game. Not many teams play Ind the way we played them today.

The NFC West completely sucks, the only other decent team the Cards have a tougher schedule and are losing to suck ass teams like the Panthers.

We will sweep the division this year that's 6 wins, def beat the Lions that's 7.

We only need 9 wins to take the division IMO maybe 8.

Look at the schedule I think we def beat the Titans next week, make it 2 straight against the Bears.

Play a competitive game against the Packers in a very winable game (D could come up big with crappy OL in GB and come up with some TO and pts)

We crush the Jags. The only game I see as a possible blowout against us is in Philly (and i'm going to that game sucks for me i guess).

I believe if we play the way we played today and the way we played the 2nd half against the Texans we will win the games below and possibly upset the Pack or Eagles.

This year the 9ers make the playoffs, reload with a FA or 2 at key positions (OL/passrush) then use the 2 first round picks to fill in the other holes.
Then the 9ers compete for a championship baby!

Sun Nov. 8 Titans - W
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - W
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - L
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - W
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - W
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - W
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

i completely agree
and i was about to post a topic on this exact thing.
we had one bad game, the rest we should have won.
but your schedule was just what i was thinking too
philly and green bay gonna be hard.
but good post
KEEP FAITHFUL NINER FANS

I don't see how people don't see the difference between these 9ers and teams of recent seasons.
We were 1 play 1 insane Brett Favre throw from beating the Vikings
We were extremely close to beating Peyton Manning and the best team in the NFL
We have found our QB/found our #1 WR/Davis is now a superstar/Gore is healthy
The D is very very good yes they are missing a elite passrusher but today we sacked Manning more than he has been sacked in a long time.
Alot of b***hing about the coaching but think about how well the D played this coaching staff did a nice job today, sure we could have stood to put Smith in the shotgun more and yes I would like to see Bruce benched in favor of Jones/Hill but that doesn't mean they are doing a bad job.
Watch this offense and Alex Smith evolve/watch Crabtree become a top tier WR
Watch this D continue to gell and become GREAT by the end of the year
No it's better to be pissed off to most of you and only look at the record and miss the obvious.
This is our team people and our squad has more talent than it has in a VERY VERY LONNNGGG time. Our fans need to adapt the fighting spirit of the team and start beleiving!

i said it in the beginning of the year and im gonna say it again
PLAYOFFS '10
10-6
KEEEP FAITHFUL
Originally posted by ManBearPig:
All of you Positive niner fans on this post....beers on me at next weekends tailgate! lot E!!!!

Yo, just FYI, the WZ tailgate is on the other side of the parking lot.

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Packers and Eagles are no threat either....i say we run the table! Its the NFL anything can happen!

Um, did you watch the Eagles/Giants game today?

Did you watch the Eagles/Raiders game last week?
Originally posted by chimp914:
Packers and Eagles are no threat either....i say we run the table! Its the NFL anything can happen!

How could he? It was blacked out.
Originally posted by chimp914:

lmao
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Of course I'm still faithful. I'm not one of these fans who needs a tissue just because we couldn't beat of, if not the, best team in the league. We held our own, it wasn't quite enough, so we move on to the next game.

Remember people, we are not a powerhouse, just yet. We have moved from a 3rd tier team to a 2nd tier team. There's nothing wrong with that.

Not at all. With one more successfull offseason we can be a power house in 2010 forsure.
I think we are all still faithful, that's why we are on these forums... I do still believe, but I am beginning to think it will take the whole season for Singletary to realize his offensive philosophy is not going to work...

We should still be able to finish 8-8 at least... at least the Tards lost, so we are really only 1 game back!
All of you Positive niner fans on this post....beers on me at next weekends tailgate! lot E!!!!

yes! i visited you ALL during the Seahawks game! you guys rock!
Originally posted by Xestenz:
I appreciate the original poster's enthusiasm, but to me this was just more of the same.

The fact that we 'almost' won on the road doesn't change the facts.

Another loss in a long line of losses stretching back years now, and for prettly much all the same reasons.

Stupid penalties, lack of big plays when it counts the most, outcoached, other team more talented, etc.

Kinda sounds and feels like more of the same to me.

That is why it is tough to remain enthusiastic sometimes.

Still, Smith played okay -- which is more than you could say about his last games as a starting QB.

Precisely. We've been watching 7 years of losses.

We "almost" won in Arizona last season. We "almost" beat Minnesota this year.

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
Originally posted by Xestenz:
I appreciate the original poster's enthusiasm, but to me this was just more of the same.

The fact that we 'almost' won on the road doesn't change the facts.

Another loss in a long line of losses stretching back years now, and for prettly much all the same reasons.

Stupid penalties, lack of big plays when it counts the most, outcoached, other team more talented, etc.

Kinda sounds and feels like more of the same to me.

That is why it is tough to remain enthusiastic sometimes.

Still, Smith played okay -- which is more than you could say about his last games as a starting QB.

Precisely. We've been watching 7 years of losses.

We "almost" won in Arizona last season. We "almost" beat Minnesota this year.

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

yes! i visited you ALL during the Seahawks game! you guys rock!

No, bro. You rock!!!
For all you young Niner fans...no game broke my heart more than the 87 playoffs where we led the league in Offense and Defense and got upset by Anthony Carter and the Vikings...that will forever leave a scar. But what ive learned with all these tough losses, when we start winning, it just makes it that much SWEETER!!!
I've been saying if we lost to the texans then we would be 3-4 before we came home! We will get back about .500!