LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

Still faithful- Still believe in this team!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
To all the 9er haters losing faith during the 3 game skid, to everyone saying we aren't going to make the playoffs, to everyone saying fire Sing. I still have alot of faith in this team:

Smith/Crabtree and the entire offense will continue to evolve

The D when given a chance like they will be given now with Smith at QB can be great

I also believe the O will continue to open up as the team and the coaching staff continue to work at it. It's not a lighswitch type of change it takes time and this team will begin to evolve now that a QB has shown up/a #1 WR has shown up and Davis has blown up.

Hell Yes we make the Playoffs! This team has played well in 2 of it's 4 losses and we def should have won that Min game. Not many teams play Ind the way we played them today.

The NFC West completely sucks, the only other decent team the Cards have a tougher schedule and are losing to suck ass teams like the Panthers.

We will sweep the division this year that's 6 wins, def beat the Lions that's 7.

We only need 9 wins to take the division IMO maybe 8.

Look at the schedule I think we def beat the Titans next week, make it 2 straight against the Bears.

Play a competitive game against the Packers in a very winable game (D could come up big with crappy OL in GB and come up with some TO and pts)

We crush the Jags. The only game I see as a possible blowout against us is in Philly (and i'm going to that game sucks for me i guess).

I believe if we play the way we played today and the way we played the 2nd half against the Texans we will win the games below and possibly upset the Pack or Eagles.

This year the 9ers make the playoffs, reload with a FA or 2 at key positions (OL/passrush) then use the 2 first round picks to fill in the other holes.
Then the 9ers compete for a championship baby!

Sun Nov. 8 Titans - W
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - W
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - L
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - W
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - W
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - W
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

[ Edited by matt49er on Nov 1, 2009 at 20:37:30 ]
Packers and Eagles are no threat either....i say we run the table! Its the NFL anything can happen!
Originally posted by ManBearPig:
Packers and Eagles are no threat either....i say we run the table! Its the NFL anything can happen!

Um, did you watch the Eagles/Giants game today?
Originally posted by NickSh49:

my girls an Eagles fan we live about an hour south of Philly. The Eagles are a real superbowl contender this year. They have the best weapons in the NFL Westbrook, Jackson, Maclin, Curtis, Avant, Celek, Mccoy, Vick, McNabb. Not to mention a good D and a very good ST unit. Going to be very hard not to get blown out in that game. Hopefully we are on a roll and can surprise them.

yes...and i also remember ESPN saying the Giants were going to the superbowl..

But you also have to look at the Raiders/Eagles game. Nothing is a gimme, and Carolina proved Zona that, just as much as we almost proved the Colts today.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 1, 2009 at 20:47:09 ]
I believe in Jimmy Raye.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

But you also have to look at the Raiders/Eagles game. Nothing is a gimme, and Carolina proved Zona that, just as much as we almost proved the Colts today.

And one thing you have to give this 9ers team is they fight and do not give up (although they might have quit a little late in the Atl game) I don't see a horrible team like the Lions/Rams etc sneaking up on the 9ers.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

could have said it better myself!

Um did you watch Eagles/Raiders game 2 weeks ago?
They are definitely beatable.

Run the table!!!!!!

Hell yeah im faithful forever to this team NINERS!!!!!!
Of course I'm still faithful. I'm not one of these fans who needs a tissue just because we couldn't beat of, if not the, best team in the league. We held our own, it wasn't quite enough, so we move on to the next game.

Remember people, we are not a powerhouse, just yet. We have moved from a 3rd tier team to a 2nd tier team. There's nothing wrong with that.
I appreciate the original poster's enthusiasm, but to me this was just more of the same.

The fact that we 'almost' won on the road doesn't change the facts.

Another loss in a long line of losses stretching back years now, and for prettly much all the same reasons.

Stupid penalties, lack of big plays when it counts the most, outcoached, other team more talented, etc.

Kinda sounds and feels like more of the same to me.

That is why it is tough to remain enthusiastic sometimes.

Still, Smith played okay -- which is more than you could say about his last games as a starting QB.
Originally posted by matt49er:
To all the 9er haters losing faith during the 3 game skid, to everyone saying we aren't going to make the playoffs, to everyone saying fire Sing. I still have alot of faith in this team:

Smith/Crabtree and the entire offense will continue to evolve

The D when given a chance like they will be given now with Smith at QB can be great

I also believe the O will continue to open up as the team and the coaching staff continue to work at it. It's not a lighswitch type of change it takes time and this team will begin to evolve now that a QB has shown up/a #1 WR has shown up and Davis has blown up.

Hell Yes we make the Playoffs! This team has played well in 2 of it's 4 losses and we def should have won that Min game. Not many teams play Ind the way we played them today.

The NFC West completely sucks, the only other decent team the Cards have a tougher schedule and are losing to suck ass teams like the Panthers.

We will sweep the division this year that's 6 wins, def beat the Lions that's 7.

We only need 9 wins to take the division IMO maybe 8.

Look at the schedule I think we def beat the Titans next week, make it 2 straight against the Bears.

Play a competitive game against the Packers in a very winable game (D could come up big with crappy OL in GB and come up with some TO and pts)

We crush the Jags. The only game I see as a possible blowout against us is in Philly (and i'm going to that game sucks for me i guess).

I believe if we play the way we played today and the way we played the 2nd half against the Texans we will win the games below and possibly upset the Pack or Eagles.

This year the 9ers make the playoffs, reload with a FA or 2 at key positions (OL/passrush) then use the 2 first round picks to fill in the other holes.
Then the 9ers compete for a championship baby!

Sun Nov. 8 Titans - W
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - W
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - L
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - W
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - W
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - W
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

i completely agree
and i was about to post a topic on this exact thing.
we had one bad game, the rest we should have won.
but your schedule was just what i was thinking too
philly and green bay gonna be hard.
but good post
KEEP FAITHFUL NINER FANS
All of you Positive niner fans on this post....beers on me at next weekends tailgate! lot E!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone