There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is it just me or there is always something wrong with niners?

It just seems everytime we find a problem to a solution, another problems starts. for instance, we might finally have solved our QB problem, but now we probably will have problems with the secondary (clements injury)

we fire nolan, replace him with sing, but our OC has no idea what he is doing

It just seems like whatever we do, we can never get the whole football team working well together (offense, defense, special teams)

how many more years can we go without making the playoffs, i just cant handle it anymore.
that is why it is hard to build a winning club.

I remember a few months ago getting in debates with Niner fans who were sure we would have a great season. WHy I asked? Their response...because Martz is gone, no more turnovers and sacks. My response.....so the Niners lose by way of the 3 and out as opposed to by a turnover

You have to have vision and foresight in this business....not many Niner leaders have demonstrated much of either. This Franchise is what I call "reactive" as opposed to "proactive"
  • B650
  • Veteran
You realize that this happens to all teams, right? Even Super Bowl teams go through this. Bledsoe was replaced by Brady mid-season at one point, and they still won a Super Bowl.

The Eagles lost Terrell Owens for a while, and still made the Super Bowl a couple years back.

The 1997 49ers lost Jerry Rice, but still managed to make it to the NFC Championship game.

These things happen. Just be patient. Our time will come, and when it does, it'll feel pretty damn good because we've gone through this. We aren't far off. I can feel it. I feel like this team is comparable to the 2007 Cardinals. We're good, but can't quite get over the hump. Then the 2008 season comes, the Cardinals finally overcome everything and make it to the Super Bowl. I think we'll start getting good pretty soon (either this season or next season).

[ Edited by B650 on Nov 2, 2009 at 01:29:13 ]
Originally posted by B650:
You realize that this happens to all teams, right? Even Super Bowl teams go through this. Bledsoe was replaced by Brady mid-season at one point, and they still won a Super Bowl.

The Eagles lost Terrell Owens for a while, and still made the Super Bowl a couple years back.

The 1997 49ers lost Jerry Rice, but still managed to make it to the NFC Championship game.

These things happen. Just be patient. Our time will come, and when it does, it'll feel pretty damn good because we've gone through this. We aren't far off. I can feel it. I feel like this team is comparable to the 2008 Cardinals. We're good, but can't quite get over the hump. Then the 2009 season comes, the Cardinals finally overcome everything and make it to the Super Bowl. I think we'll start getting good pretty soon (either this season or next season).

Couldn't have said it better man! Find me a team you think is "perfect" and I bet I can find some sort of injury/disappointing player/unit they are dealing with right now!
Originally posted by matt49er:

These things happen. Just be patient. Our time will come, and when it does, it'll feel pretty damn good because we've gone through this. We aren't far off. I can feel it. I feel like this team is comparable to the 2008 Cardinals. We're good, but can't quite get over the hump. Then the 2009 season comes, the Cardinals finally overcome everything and make it to the Super Bowl. I think we'll start getting good pretty soon (either this season or next season).

Couldn't have said it better man! Find me a team you think is "perfect" and I bet I can find some sort of injury/disappointing player/unit they are dealing with right now!

Yeah, but they probably don't have a losing record.

If your argument is that 'good team overcome bad things' I agree.

But this kinda makes the original poster's point more poignant.

I look forward to someday being a good/great team again, but there is no guarantee this will happen, and it certainly won't happen on its own.

It takes vision, planning, execution, and luck to win a SB.

Not to be an ass, but we're in the middle of the 2009 season.
We are a good team but we need to get a rythm on offense. The lack of rythm is killing us.
It's you
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
It just seems everytime we find a problem to a solution, another problems starts. for instance, we might finally have solved our QB problem, but now we probably will have problems with the secondary (clements injury)

we fire nolan, replace him with sing, but our OC has no idea what he is doing

It just seems like whatever we do, we can never get the whole football team working well together (offense, defense, special teams)

how many more years can we go without making the playoffs, i just cant handle it anymore.

I'm with you on that. I lost my mind after they caved in the second half.

We could be waiting a very long time to contend for a championship because:

1) Ownership is clueless (they are good at community outreach and lousy at running an NFL franchise)

2) GM doesn't hit on good players often enough and this has left some big holes on offense and defense. (Not a single quality starting guard on the team? No stability at RT for two years? Couldn't find an upgrade for Roman or a legitimate pass-rusher in three years? How is that possible?)

3) Coaches aren't good enough to make solid players of sub-par talent and smart enough to out-scheme opposing coaches on a consistent basis (though I have to give Manusky props for today)

Our problems start at the top, folks.
Owner - FRAUD.

Head Coach - Complete motivational speech FRAUD. Fool you once but not twice.

OC - not a very talented guy.

GM - Terrible FRAUD. Go back and look at his drafts. Look at how many players he has hit on and how many he missed on. His drafts really aren't very impressive. A very overrated guy on the WZ.

YUP there is lots wrong with the 49ers. It starts at the top and like gravity it trickles on down.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danimal:
that is why it is hard to build a winning club.

I remember a few months ago getting in debates with Niner fans who were sure we would have a great season. WHy I asked? Their response...because Martz is gone, no more turnovers and sacks. My response.....so the Niners lose by way of the 3 and out as opposed to by a turnover

You have to have vision and foresight in this business....not many Niner leaders have demonstrated much of either. This Franchise is what I call "reactive" as opposed to "proactive"

[ Edited by Crazy4Niners on Nov 1, 2009 at 23:16:55 ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Not to be an ass, but we're in the middle of the 2009 season.

Just got home from work and realized it...was kind of busy and not paying attention. Posting while at work is bad for your health.

Anyway, yes, I meant to say that this team reminds me of the 2007 Cardinals.
We were spoiled in the 80's and 90's because we didn't have most/any of these issues. The sad fact is that now we're like most teams in the league, missing one or two crucial pieces to the puzzle that could put us over the top and make us true contenders. The good news is that most everyone else has similar challenges, so we're in a race to fix ours first.
Originally posted by English:
It's you

Good to know, thanks lol