LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 413 users in the forums

Im "happy" that we LOST........

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Safety and OL have to be addressed in the draft and free agency period this off season. Just that we hung with one of the top teams in the league shows how far this team has come, I know you like to complain Z, but progress is being made. I think if we had a little bit better offensive line, we would be one of the top teams. It is no small thing to keep Peyton Manning out of the end zone for a whole 60 minutes, after Staley went down, I knew we were in for trouble. With the offense moving the sticks more often, the defense didn't get tired and we were able to keep the game respectable. If you had told me yesterday morning we would lose Staley and still keep the game close, I would have asked you if you had some of that for sale, cause it must be some chronic. We are closer to being a very good team than some of you see.

This. Add a passrushing OLB along with that safety and we could be downright great on defense. Fix that Oline and maybe offensive philosophy and skys the limit on that side as well. We're pretty damn close, it's just discouraging to think we might not make it happen this season.
Originally posted by crzy:
How does losing badly help us in the future, outside of draft slot considerations?

I'd rather be 7-9 or 8-8 but moving in a positive direction that gives us hope for the future.

The Saints last year were 8-8, and look at them now.

I am just happy we may have found a solid QB to lead this team, which is a pivotal step in becoming a good, competitive team.
ZRF...you are right...Shanahan's the guy for our team. Holmgren wouldn't be bad, but I think he'd be a better GM than field boss. Shanahan would FIX our offense...look back at his career in Denver...top OL's, great production out of his RB's, imaginative offense. We have to break out of this conservative crap...Martz is too extreme, that's why he's not coaching in the league now. But, Shanahan...he's a Walsh disciple, and would be a natural fit in SF. A lot of things would change...major reworking of OL and RB's, but those are things we all know we need. We just need the right guy to pull the trigger, another thing we know Shanahan wouldn't be shy about doing.

I appreciate the positives Singletary has brought...but, I can't support him as the long-term answer as our head coach. Jed needs to cut his losses...because despite all the talk about the playoffs, it's just a pipe dream 'til this team figures out how to close games out. I really don't see that happening under Singletary...I really don't.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
How does losing badly help us in the future, outside of draft slot considerations?

I'd rather be 7-9 or 8-8 but moving in a positive direction that gives us hope for the future.

I am just happy we may have found a solid QB to lead this team, which is a pivotal step in becoming a good, competitive team.

LOL.

We are not even close to the Saints talent level. We have a long way to go to be that good.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
ZRF...you are right...Shanahan's the guy for our team. Holmgren wouldn't be bad, but I think he'd be a better GM than field boss. Shanahan would FIX our offense...look back at his career in Denver...top OL's, great production out of his RB's, imaginative offense. We have to break out of this conservative crap...Martz is too extreme, that's why he's not coaching in the league now. But, Shanahan...he's a Walsh disciple, and would be a natural fit in SF. A lot of things would change...major reworking of OL and RB's, but those are things we all know we need. We just need the right guy to pull the trigger, another thing we know Shanahan wouldn't be shy about doing.

I appreciate the positives Singletary has brought...but, I can't support him as the long-term answer as our head coach. Jed needs to cut his losses...because despite all the talk about the playoffs, it's just a pipe dream 'til this team figures out how to close games out. I really don't see that happening under Singletary...I really don't.

More of a PEP RALLY TIMEOUT guy and DROPPED PANTS HALFTIME MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER...

We need somebody who really understands the X's and O's and has a strategy and a plan for the future.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

LOL.

We are not even close to the Saints talent level. We have a long way to go to be that good.

No doubt. But to have a solid QB can go a long way. And of course to keep the solid QB on his feet we need an o-line, which we better address this offseason.

LOL.

No doubt. But to have a solid QB can go a long way. And of course to keep the solid QB on his feet we need an o-line, which we better address this offseason.

I think Alex has made big strides. He's played well in the last 2 games. He's not our problem anymore. But we certainly have other ones.

LOL.

I think Alex has made big strides. He's played well in the last 2 games. He's not our problem anymore. But we certainly have other ones.

No doubt. OL, CB, S, Pass Rusher, returners.

LOL.

Shanahan leaves and Broncos go 6-1.

-9fA
SD, you're absolutely right, and I can't think of anyone better with the X's and O's than Shanahan. It's time for a BOLD move by our management...the team can and should be better...I just don't see that happening w/Singletary. Imagine what our offense could be like w/Shanahan at the controls...because he'd insure a much-improved OL, better corps of RB's, and a lot of innovation and imagination. We're arguably a couple of stud players from being an elite defense, so Shanahan could focus on the O and get the team over the hump. A Walsh disciple comes home...it's perfect.

SD, you're absolutely right, and I can't think of anyone better with the X's and O's than Shanahan. It's time for a BOLD move by our management...the team can and should be better...I just don't see that happening w/Singletary. Imagine what our offense could be like w/Shanahan at the controls...because he'd insure a much-improved OL, better corps of RB's, and a lot of innovation and imagination. We're arguably a couple of stud players from being an elite defense, so Shanahan could focus on the O and get the team over the hump. A Walsh disciple comes home...it's perfect.

We can't go anywhere with singFRAUD. DROPPED PANTS HALFTIME MOTIVATIONAL SPEECHES only go so far.

We would be super lucky to land Shanahan. He could do amazing things with the players we have.

One thing is for sure, if we had Shanahan, we would NOT lead the league in 3 n' outs.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:

We would be super lucky to land Shanahan. He could do amazing things with the players we have.

One thing is for sure, if we had Shanahan, we would NOT lead the league in 3 n' outs.

I think Singletary is better suited to be a defensive coordinator or something. I'm beginning to think he isn't HC material. So, if we miss the playoffs and end up with a losing record, I'm all for hiring Shanahan.
We're doing fine. We're a young team and need to gel and mature. It will happen over the course of the season. I swear it's always doomsday around here.

And on the menu tonight in 49er chat:

Whineburgers, French Cries, and Hater Tots.
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
We're doing fine. We're a young team and need to gel and mature. It will happen over the course of the season. I swear it's always doomsday around here.

And on the menu tonight in 49er chat:

Whineburgers, French Cries, and Hater Tots.

LMAO! finally someone i agree with! I think the niner players themselves should start drafting Fantasy Fans.....some of these fans wouldnt even make the bench...
Share 49ersWebzone