LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Im "happy" that we LOST........

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Safety and OL have to be addressed in the draft and free agency period this off season. Just that we hung with one of the top teams in the league shows how far this team has come, I know you like to complain Z, but progress is being made. I think if we had a little bit better offensive line, we would be one of the top teams. It is no small thing to keep Peyton Manning out of the end zone for a whole 60 minutes, after Staley went down, I knew we were in for trouble. With the offense moving the sticks more often, the defense didn't get tired and we were able to keep the game respectable. If you had told me yesterday morning we would lose Staley and still keep the game close, I would have asked you if you had some of that for sale, cause it must be some chronic. We are closer to being a very good team than some of you see.
Originally posted by danimal:
just stop having stupid unrealistic expectations and seasons will be much more enjoyable people.

I predicted 7-9, and I am not happy they lost, I am bummed. But I am not losing my mind, because it all makes sense.

As long as you set realistic expectations then the Niners can only pleasantly surprise or deliver what you expected from the beginning.

At 3-0 I was pleasantly surprised. At 3-4 I am satisfied.

so if we win nine then your expectation wasn't realistic. What were you realistic expectations last year? Your reasoning is a copout to accept losing.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
i am really getting sick and tired for having to wait another year to try to make the playoffs

Aren't we all?

worst thing about is that the offseason is so f**king long....we get hyped up talking about how good the niners can be for 9 months. all just to see our team lose for 3 months

Today was not on the QB by a long shot. He played well. The one interception was a tipped ball. Even Brett Favre or Peyton Manning can get a tipped ball. Just a freak thing that happens. Overall he played a pretty good game. Alex is not the reason we lost. And to be honest he looks a lot better than he ever did lately as compared with the past.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Today was not on the QB by a long shot. He played well. The one interception was a tipped ball. Even Brett Favre or Peyton Manning can get a tipped ball. Just a freak thing that happens. Overall he played a pretty good game. Alex is not the reason we lost. And to be honest he looks a lot better than he ever did lately as compared with the past.

Originally posted by King49er:

actually, the INT was Alexs fault but the loss wasn't
Originally posted by Joecool:

You don't think the highly touted WR could have made a little better attempt at that ball? He put one hand up in a half hearted attempt. JUMP dammit! Leave your feet and get off the ground and put both hands up. It's the kind of thing VD used to do all the time in his earlier days. Put one hand up in a half hearted attempt.

The pass wasn't perfect but it was catchable IMO with a better effort. The effort was pathetic. I'd say 50% QB and 50% WR on that one.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 1, 2009 at 22:48:44 ]

You don't think the highly touted WR could have made a little better attempt at that ball? He put one hand up in a half hearted attempt. JUMP dammit! Leave your feet and get off the ground and put both hands up. It's the kind of thing VD used to do all the time in his earlier days. Put one hand up in a half hearted attempt.

The pass wasn't perfect but it was catchable IMO with a better effort. The effort was pathetic. I'd say 50% QB and 50% WR on that one.

he did lunge out. Crabtree has only shown great hands but Alex was off on other passes as well. It was a bad throw.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
I don't think the QB is the problem now. The problem is the playcalling and O-line. The O-line has 3 back-ups in starting roles. The most glaring need, IMO, is the guard spots.
The playcalling goes hand in hand with this. Raye calls plays as if he has a great offensive line that can "impose it's will on the defense".

It's really too bad cause Gore has looked f**kING GREAT when he's had room to run. But more often than not, he's running into brickwalls

ITA

It's like people here really don't understand basic football.

They b***h because Clements can't become a better CB with inconsistent pass-rush and think drafting a QB with a HORRIBLE OL and poor play-calling will somehow make the offense work.

Unless your new drafted QB is going to call his own plays and move with superhuman speed to avoid sacks will this happen. Oh did I mention it seems that only Davis, Crabtree and sometimes Bruce get open? Where's (Waldo) Morgan the up-and-coming deep threat?

Did Morgan even play much today?(1 rec 3yds)

Don't forget Morgan is the 3 now and Raye was very vanilla today Mr.failed joker/hater and he's not the "up-and-coming deep threat",they are sitting on the bench and/or are inactive (Jason Hill/Brandon Jones)

Morgan last week in a opened up offense for a half (4 rec 62yds 15.5avg)

Yeah there's a little bit of blame on both of them. I think the loss falls on Raye though. Raye and the OL. Just give Gore room to run, and give Smith recievers to throw the ball to, and good stuff happens. But this conservative crap that doesn't hardly back the defense off the LOS is killing us.

I hope Nate is okay and all, but if he's on IR I hope we go after Jon Runyan or someone on the OL. We need more TALENT. Baas doesn't have it. Rachal does but he's a space cadet. Snyder is a back up that can play either spot mediocre but neither spot well.

As much as I'm still not sure about Alex Smith (although he's doing a lot better), the QB is NOT the reason why the 49er's lost today. They could have stolen the game today had it not been for the freaking Offensive play calling.

Observing the two minute offense via the Shotgun and the spread formation, I saw a comfortable Alex Smith. It worked to perfection and why they completely got away from it is beyond me.

I guess they don't believe in the "If it works" philosophy. Seems to me that their thinking is "Keep it close and maybe we'll get lucky"! They're depending WAY too much on their defense to win games. What an idiotic way of thinking!
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
As much as I'm still not sure about Alex Smith (although he's doing a lot better), the QB is NOT the reason why the 49er's lost today. They could have stolen the game today had it not been for the freaking Offensive play calling.

Observing the two minute offense via the Shotgun and the spread formation, I saw a comfortable Alex Smith. It worked to perfection and why they completely got away from it is beyond me.

I guess they don't believe in the "If it works" philosophy. Seems to me that their thinking is "Keep it close and maybe we'll get lucky"! They're depending WAY too much on their defense to win games. What an idiotic way of thinking!

Because singFRAUD wants to be 1 YARD And a CLOUD OF DUST. And to win games 6 - 3.

Because singFRAUD wants to be 1 YARD And a CLOUD OF DUST. And to win games 6 - 3.

I thought that Singletary LEARNS from his mistakes. Seems to me that he doesn't want to acknowledge that he made a mistake with Jimmy Raye.

If this is one of those "Buddy, Buddy" thing, then the fans are in for two years of this! Because most HC's last at least two years. Seems to be the fair thing to do ... unless you're Al Davis!

I thought that Singletary LEARNS from his mistakes. Seems to me that he doesn't want to acknowledge that he made a mistake with Jimmy Raye.

If this is one of those "Buddy, Buddy" thing, then the fans are in for two years of this! Because most HC's last at least two years. Seems to be the fair thing to do ... unless you're Al Davis!

I am hoping the Chargers fire Turner and we could get him to come back and work this offense out for us.

he did lunge out. Crabtree has only shown great hands but Alex was off on other passes as well. It was a bad throw.

Every announcer or post game host I've heard make a comment about this int all said basically the same thing: It was not too good of a throw by Alex but not too good of an attempt by Crabtree to catch what was probably a catchable ball.

And that's the way I saw it-on both of them.
It seems the haters on the zone keep grinding away on this int,it happens to QB's get over it.Manning was off today as well.

Alex would've given the 49ers a very good chance of winning against a great team
had Raye opened up the offense.
Share 49ersWebzone