There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Im "happy" that we LOST........

• ZRF80
Oh, who am I kidding. Im PISSED that we lost. This has become an all too common theme here in San Fran. Start out with a bang, f**k it up in the middle, and finish strong to give the fans false hope for the following year. Well, Im sick of this s**t.

I hope we pull out of this mess.......I really do. But if we're going to f**k up, then Im hoping we f**k up REAL BAD. Cause Im sick of this "finish strong" and "fight to the end" BS. I dont want 7-9 and 8-8 records anymore. I want to WIN, and if that equates to us feeling embarrassed by season's end (just so Niner brass can get it into their thick heads that this team is NOT championship caliber), so be it.

Since drafting Alex Smith, we have done NOTHING to address the quarterback situation. This is not a bash Alex Smith thread. However, it's no mystery that the QB spot has been a glaring need for the past 2-3 years, and all we've done to address it is to draft a project guy in the late rounds. During this time, we've relied on two very inconsistent QBs (who have given us false hopes) and a make shift line that has 2 legitimate players starting for it. Crabtree fell into our laps by sheer luck, or we'd be boasting an all-star WR lineup that should play for the pee-wee league.

Our defense has held the best (Colts/Minn/Zona) to limited offensive success, but our inept OC/coach play "not to lose" instead of "to win". This is unacceptable, especially since we have a lot of pieces in place.

Unfortunately for Singletary, his attitude...........considered to be his biggest attribute.....will be his downfall instead. We all know there's NO WAY he fires Raye by season's end. And I cant imagine York standing for this crap for too long.

Unless Sing learns to bend, and hold his coaches accountable for this mess, he'll be out by year 2 of his tenure. I just hope Shanahan is available at that time to bring back what the Niners were made for to begin with.......the WCO !
  • crzy
  • Veteran
How does losing badly help us in the future, outside of draft slot considerations?

I'd rather be 7-9 or 8-8 but moving in a positive direction that gives us hope for the future.

The Saints last year were 8-8, and look at them now.
Didn't you think we were going to be blown out? If so, I don't know why you're complaining.
I don't think the QB is the problem now. The problem is the playcalling and O-line. The O-line has 3 back-ups in starting roles. The most glaring need, IMO, is the guard spots.
The playcalling goes hand in hand with this. Raye calls plays as if he has a great offensive line that can "impose it's will on the defense".

It's really too bad cause Gore has looked f**kING GREAT when he's had room to run. But more often than not, he's running into brickwalls
QB was not the problem today.
Wow.
good job

your title made me click on the thread

congrats
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,000 for Daniel2778.
i am really getting sick and tired for having to wait another year to try to make the playoffs
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
i am really getting sick and tired for having to wait another year to try to make the playoffs

Aren't we all?
just stop having stupid unrealistic expectations and seasons will be much more enjoyable people.

I predicted 7-9, and I am not happy they lost, I am bummed. But I am not losing my mind, because it all makes sense.

As long as you set realistic expectations then the Niners can only pleasantly surprise or deliver what you expected from the beginning.

At 3-0 I was pleasantly surprised. At 3-4 I am satisfied.
Hmmm..... I didn't think QB was the problem today.

But of course you won't be happy with any quarterback until we bring back Steve Young.

Remember, your beloved Steve Young had really awful years at the start of his career. Only when he found Walsh did he blossomed.

Raye is no Walsh. Just in case you missed that today.
Were going to be okay, I said this coming into this year and I will say it again, 2010 is our year!
I'm never happy when we lose a game. What kind of fan is?
Originally posted by AKfanster:
I don't think the QB is the problem now. The problem is the playcalling and O-line. The O-line has 3 back-ups in starting roles. The most glaring need, IMO, is the guard spots.
The playcalling goes hand in hand with this. Raye calls plays as if he has a great offensive line that can "impose it's will on the defense".

It's really too bad cause Gore has looked f**kING GREAT when he's had room to run. But more often than not, he's running into brickwalls

ITA

It's like people here really don't understand basic football.

They b***h because Clements can't become a better CB with inconsistent pass-rush and think drafting a QB with a HORRIBLE OL and poor play-calling will somehow make the offense work.

Unless your new drafted QB is going to call his own plays and move with superhuman speed to avoid sacks will this happen. Oh did I mention it seems that only Davis, Crabtree and sometimes Bruce get open? Where's (Waldo) Morgan the up-and-coming deep threat?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home