There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AZ loss puts us right back in NFC West race

• B650
  • Veteran
I see us going 10-6 and Arizona going 10-6. We hold the tie-breaker. Therefore, we're in, and they aren't. This includes losses to Green Bay and Philadelphia.
It just comes down to the Monday night game here in SF. Gotta take that one.
Originally posted by MertonHanks:

That def is the going to be THE biggest game.
Originally posted by jed_york:
NFC is still ours to lose.

why aren't we in first
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:

yes it is but I think the Cards are starting to come down to Earth as the 9ers are starting to show signs. I know we have lost 3 straight but I am VERY excited about Alex Smith he gives us a real chance at QB and Crabtree is looking very good. Davis becomes more of a weapon with Smith at QB the whole offense seems legit now. On the Cards side Warner is getting older, Boldin is hurt, they do not have a dominate RB or near as good a D as ours IMO.
Originally posted by matt49er:

yes it is but I think the Cards are starting to come down to Earth as the 9ers are starting to show signs. I know we have lost 3 straight but I am VERY excited about Alex Smith he gives us a real chance at QB and Crabtree is looking very good. Davis becomes more of a weapon with Smith at QB the whole offense seems legit now. On the Cards side Warner is getting older, Boldin is hurt, they do not have a dominate RB or near as good a D as ours IMO.

enough said

It's literally going to be 'our' Superbowl. -And what makes it even more juicier is that it's in prime-time, so every national viewer will know that whomever wins that game will own the division.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by jed_york:
NFC is still ours to lose.

why aren't we in first

The ownership and sr management keep an internal scoreboard. Yes, we are in first.
Arizona seems to already be on the self-implosion path, hopefully Warner's struggles continue in followig weeks and he continues to show his age. One way or another, if we continue to improve offensively (and I think we will) I think we will win this division.
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:
I see us going 10-6 and Arizona going 10-6. We hold the tie-breaker. Therefore, we're in, and they aren't. This includes losses to Green Bay and Philadelphia.

This!

Even though it means we have to go 7-2 in our remaining 9. Tough but can still be done.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Super5:
This helps out but the bottom line is to get into the playoffs period.If the 49ers were to win the division then great but if not just get in!It's been awhile(6yrs)

49ers won't get into the playoffs unless they win the division

Not true. One of the playoffs spots is up for grabs, but we'd have to beat Green Bay or Philly to make it happen.
i think we can beat green bay

their oline may be worse than ours
I think we can win every game from here on out except Philadelphia. I say we end up 11-5. Worst 10-6 if everyone gets their act right.

Thank Zona, I knew they would trip up at some point. Too bad against Carolina. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by stevenking57:
The NFC West is pretty weak! It is VERY possible that if we win five more games we could sneak into the play-offs. Do I think we can do that? No. On the other hand, if we can get a solid O-Line and a dominant pass rusher next year, we can run away with the West next year.

How many years have we needed those?

But the difference is those are our only definite needs. Last year we needed a QB, a WR, and a NT as well. Although we had a solid TE in Davis,VD in 2009 has been playing good and in some cases, great. So we are getting there. The only problem is that it takes us much longer than it has taken other teams that have had to rebuild.
Originally posted by Happs:
Originally posted by B650:

This!

Even though it means we have to go 7-2 in our remaining 9. Tough but can still be done.

we will go 8-1 and finish 11-5 book it.