There are 180 users in the forums

Singletary's Postgame Presser

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Raye is obviously not the offensive mind like Martz but this offense is a reflection of Singletary.

Linehan was Singletary's first choice (or maybe McCloughans) but he turned down the job
because Mike wanted to control the offense. It's why Martz was fired because which Singletary knew he couldn't control Martz.

I don't see this offense EVER improving until Singletary stops being stubborn.

There's just no excuse for this "Lets hope the other offense makes more mistakes than ours" offense. You can't expect the defense to play great every week. At some point the offense has got to hold up it's end of the bargain.
Ugh
It's gonna take someone in management to tell Singletary that he needs to stay aggressive even when he has such a huge lead like 1 point against a team like the colts. You would think that was a no brainer, but I guess not. I don't get this coaching staff at all. From the roster moves, to the way they call a game. It's annoying as hell. Wonder who they'll let return punt next week.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
It's gonna take someone in management to tell Singletary that he needs to stay aggressive even when he has such a huge lead like 1 point against a team like the colts. You would think that was a no brainer, but I guess not. I don't get this coaching staff at all. From the roster moves, to the way they call a game. It's annoying as hell. Wonder who they'll let return punt next week.

Kentwan Balmer
Originally posted by 9rFan84:

Kentwan Balmer

as long as he can fair catch them, I'm all for it. Also, as long as he can understand the simple rule of "Stand at the 10, if it's over your head, let it go", he gets the nod from me.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran

We should have Andy Lee kick it off to Nedney. That'll definitely surprise people.
Originally posted by 9rFan84:

Kentwan Balmer

as long as he can fair catch them, I'm all for it. Also, as long as he can understand the simple rule of "Stand at the 10, if it's over your head, let it go", he gets the nod from me.

heck yeah he can do those things. And that boy can assume the fetal position like nobodys bussiness
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I'm done with these "we will get better" speeches. I want wins.

You sound like Singletary in the offseason.

Singletary sounds like Nolan in the regular season.

Let's remember, Martz got fired because we didn't run the ball.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by carl:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I'm done with these "we will get better" speeches. I want wins.

You sound like Singletary in the offseason.

Singletary sounds like Nolan in the regular season.

Let's remember, Martz got fired because we didn't run the ball.

Yeah thats true and Martz also got the 49ers winning towards the end of the season and knocked the "interim" tag off the now hired coach Singletary. Martz didnt' deserve to be here!
  • dj43
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
1. Alex missed on at least 3 passes he should have completed
Actually he missed on four. He also had four easy catches dropped. Turn around half of those and the team wins.

Who do you want to blame for the loss? The drops, or the missed passes?

Originally posted by fister30:
I love sing. But I really wish he had somebody in mind before he let martz go. This really reflects on his ability to manage.

yep
the first thing (sing ) you learn as a manager about to fire somebody is :
1- is it absolutely necessary ?
2- do you have a replacement in mind AND available
3- if no do you still want to fire that somebody and why

his failure to have those Q in mind could very well hurt him big time
Originally posted by GEEK:
How can we expect improvement when Singletary and Raye refuse to utilize our offensive linemen in different ways.

Again, Rachal had an awful game. He is horrible in pass protection, and he's barely average in run blocking. The run Gore had was all Gore and some of Heitmann.

Sims, I admit, had a pretty good game against Freeney. Hopefully, Staley will be healthy next week, and I hope Sims starts at RT.

Snyder again showed why he belongs on the bench. Singletary needs to stop looking into his player's eyes and more on their on-field performance.

LT: Staley
LG: Baas
OC: Heitmann
RG: Wragge
RT: Sims

This is prob. our best lineup that will help Smith against the Titans.

Sim's best position is left tackle. Snyder's best position is left tackle. Staley's best position might actually be right tackle.

Sims can deal well with smaller rushers. But put him on the right side against stronger guys, and he folds like a wet tissue.
Originally posted by Chief:
"The offense, for the most part looked sharp."

What in the Hell are you talking about Mike?

I can't believe he thinks that. I truly can't. Nobody can be that stupid. Are you really that stupid Mike?

Leading the league in 3 n' outs is "sharp"?

Breaking a long run, and having a successful two minute drill are the only things you do all day? And this is "sharp"?

That quote must be out of context.
Originally posted by Chief:
"The offense, for the most part looked sharp."

What in the Hell are you talking about Mike?

Dammit, he's been infected with nolanitus. It was only a matter of time...
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
1. Alex missed on at least 3 passes he should have completed
Actually he missed on four. He also had four easy catches dropped. Turn around half of those and the team wins.

Who do you want to blame for the loss? The drops, or the missed passes?

The playcalling.
Share 49ersWebzone