There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

No Explosive Crabtree plays yet, but good production

I was screaming for at least ONE deep try to Crabtree today. The way he is playing you have to give him at least one shot.

Even throwing it long and incomplete early in the second half would have forced the Colts to approach their defense differently.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Unless I did the math wrong he's on pace for a 753 yard season

I think he was projecting over a 16 game season.

He's averaging 5 for 69 . . . that average would put him at about 753 yards if it holds over the last nine games.

yeah it surprised me too considering he missed those games and all of camp

I think he will be able to get near 700 though
Originally posted by calinig4life:
just 4 words thank you al davis

Al Davis is my favorite dumbass. All time.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
He played good but he still made quite a few rookie mistakes.

Failing to get to the chains for a first down, leaving the niners with a 4th and 1.

His fumble.

And I think he dropped a pretty easy pass.

Other than that he looked very good.
I like how on the second time he ran that route he pushed the DB past the 1st down maker and got the first down, so he learned from the earlier mistake, which give sme even more confidence in him!!!!
Do you guys think Crabtree is a possession WR?

he really hasn't displayed his YAC ability......maybe the speed in the NFL doesn't translate to his YAC success in college...

what do you guys think?
Originally posted by ginseng1000:

he really hasn't displayed his YAC ability......maybe the speed in the NFL doesn't translate to his YAC success in college...

what do you guys think?

He is not in full football shape yet. He practice and worked out with a trainer and IMO it's affecting that part of his game. As the season goes on he will get stronger and stronger and I am sure the YAC will increase a lot specially if we run more spread offense.

He is just going to get better and better! It's just awsome to think about that.
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Originally posted by calinig4life:
just 4 words thank you al davis

Al Davis is my favorite dumbass. All time.

its gonna be awesome when he picks taylor mays over eric berry because mays is big and fast hahaha
Just got done watching the replay, minus a couple of mental errors, this kid is for sure the real deal.

what do you guys think?

He hasn't even been going over the middle.

Most of the catches that i've seen him make are towards the sidelines.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

what do you guys think?

He hasn't even been going over the middle.

Most of the catches that i've seen him make are towards the sidelines.

-9fA

he'll be fine, he has been primarily running curls on the sidelines, i think once he learns more of the offense theyll trust him to go into the middle on some slants and stuff, thats where you'll see him get YAC. that is if Raye can remember where in his playbook he has those plays
In defense of crabtree no WR on the niners have had long runs after the catch. This might reflect where they are catching the ball on the field and what throws the niners QB's are comfortable making more so than the niners WR's ability to run after contact or the catch. Its been about a decade since a niner QB could hit a WR in stride and on time to allow runs after the catch to happen.
One of the ironies of his holdout is many of us did not have high expectations for him this season to say he has done well considering he is a rookie who has played only 2 games is an understatement.

Crabtree has deceptive speed due to his size and strength he can be a possession receiver, however when given a chance and they will happen he can be deep threat just give it time.

This would have been his junior year at Tech and he has handled himself very well on and off the field. If he continues to improve defenses will be forced to double cover him which should open things up even more for VD and Bruce. Let’s just hope that will all the shiny new toys Raye has he will figure out how to use them properly.
Originally posted by luis1985:

what do you guys think?

He is not in full football shape yet. He practice and worked out with a trainer and IMO it's affecting that part of his game. As the season goes on he will get stronger and stronger and I am sure the YAC will increase a lot specially if we run more spread offense.

He is just going to get better and better! It's just awsome to think about that.

That and it's the routes he's running too. They all have been comebacks, curls, etc. He's not really getting any passes thrown to him while he's in stride. I'm guessing the logic is we're waiting until he fully acclimates to the game, which I can understand.

Still, I'm amazed that he's able to produce like he is already. Remarkable for a rookie who's just starting to play.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Wait till he gets in football shape, he's going to be a monster.
The routes he has been running havent really allowed for any YAC, a lot catches on outs and curls. It would be nice o see him run a quick slant.