There are 279 users in the forums

Vernon Davis: Are you kidding me!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hubbyt:
Your joking right? Vernon is BALLIN and its good to see finally!

These are the things that cause us to lose. It's not all on Vernon as the play calling sucks, Spencer bit hard on a HB option pass....

but most of the other things are not due to a lack of effort whereas Vernon's incompletion was. That's what makes it more frustrating.

The Razor and Mr. T just mentioned it as this thread went into page 2. They are even saying it shouldn't be taken lightly; the incompletion, that is.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by susweel:
Dude still is a jackass, but at least he can catch now.

He caught a TD last week that was near the back where he didn't worry at all about pinning his feet down. It was a Td but most receivers will still go for the sure pin. He has missed catches before due to being nonchalant like this.

So, play Delanie on your fantasy team instead. Vernon will be on mine.
Sing should have banished Morgan to the locker room
Originally posted by rapid4:

He caught a TD last week that was near the back where he didn't worry at all about pinning his feet down. It was a Td but most receivers will still go for the sure pin. He has missed catches before due to being nonchalant like this.

So, play Delanie on your fantasy team instead. Vernon will be on mine.

I would start Jed Weaver personally..but thats just me
yea lets blame VD for the loss
Originally posted by LBCniner:
This thread is Racist
An Obama voter!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by ImaMod:

He may be second in line behind Raye as possible reasons we lost.

Dumb ass TD celebration that got them three points.

Absolutely no effort in tryin to get two feet down on a third down when the play was not vey difficult to do.

This guy has no sense of urgency and still isn't completely there when it comes to team first.

Are you serious right now? Why are you so mad at him lol? Did he kill you puppy? He was in the middle of the freaken endzone? He doesnt need to tap his feet. Why would he make the catch harder than it needs to be?
Hes our best player on offense right now and one of the best TEs in the league this year.

Because we lost and it's these types of brainfarts that keep us from sustaining drives. Since he's the usual suspect when it comes to arrogance, he better make the completion.

Him scoring a touchdown without tapping/dragging his feet lost us the game? If youre talking about the penalty then that was on Morgan, which was a pretty dumb call...Some of these rules are pretty stupid..

You didn't read it completely. He was very close to being out of bounds on a TD last week where he made no effort to plant his feet. The incompletion yesterday totally reminded me of that lack of effort but this time, it didn't work out for him. You can blame Morgan but VD was heavily involved in the celebration.

VD has been very good for us, but he needed to come through on that sideline out. It was a drive killer and we can't afford those.

ya he shouldve dragged his other foot on that pass near the sideline..
but the penalty is still not his fault...and it really is a dumb penalty..the NFL sucks
Originally posted by miked1978:
What else can we b***h about? I don't like how Gore wears his socks. WTF. Fire Jimmy Raye...

you and joe cool both got pwned
Originally posted by GoFD74:
The penalty was on Josh Morgan, not Davis.

End of thread.

This.

• Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by GoFD74:
The penalty was on Josh Morgan, not Davis.

End of thread.

This.

f**king beautifully hilarious. Only in the zone.

You guys can say what you want but he is the only one on this team that does not give 100% effort in finishing plays. Not giving effort is something we can't afford but he can spend plenty of time posing for a photo shoot in the endzone.
You guys can say what you want but he is the only one on this team that does not give 100% effort in finishing plays. Not giving effort is something we can't afford but he can spend plenty of time posing for a photo shoot in the endzone.

nope scoring 7 TD's and leading the NFL is not giving 100 percent to finish plays...

Don't you have a star ship to catch?
Originally posted by King49er:

nope scoring 7 TD's and leading the NFL is not giving 100 percent to finish plays...

I'm sure Crabtree can score most of the those if his number is called. You're still missing my point on Vernon. This entire board, including myself, complains about 3 and outs and Jimmy Raye yet are just fine with Vernon causing one of those 3 and outs because he didn't try.
Share 49ersWebzone