LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Vernon Davis: Are you kidding me!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by Esco:
I disagree with any hate of VD. First he wasn't penalized, Morgan was because his knees touched the ground. Second he's been playing well and he was excited. He didn't do anything excessive or over the top.

It was pretty obvious Vernon wanted people to come up and pretend to take pics of him. If he would have throw the ball to the ref and run off the field to high fives and chest bumps like he has done the previous times this year, his team mates wouldn't have been in position to be called for excessive celebration.

That's why I blame Vernon even though the call went against 84.

Actually that wasn't obvious to me. Looks like he was celebrating on his own and his teammates came up to celebrate with him.
They called it on Morgan because he was acting like he was paparazzi and taking pictures and such. Teamates are not allowed to join in on the celebration.
I disagree with any hate of VD. First he wasn't penalized, Morgan was because his knees touched the ground. Second he's been playing well and he was excited. He didn't do anything excessive or over the top.

It was pretty obvious Vernon wanted people to come up and pretend to take pics of him. If he would have throw the ball to the ref and run off the field to high fives and chest bumps like he has done the previous times this year, his team mates wouldn't have been in position to be called for excessive celebration.

your blaming the reason we lost on a celebration that he didn't get penalized for? Seriously?

You argue that he wanted other people to join him? How the hell do you know what his intentions were? He didn't do anything wrong, his teamate took it too far. Yet you blame his teamate taking it too far on Davis? Are you f**king serious?

Lets take this further....like another poster said even if there was no penalty, it's still a 48 yarder which is within an nfl kickers range.

We lost by 4 points. Pretty sure we wouldn't have won even with 3 less points even if the kicker had missed the 48 yarder.

Furthermore, what about the offensive play calling? Putting a goose egg up during the second half is certainly not acceptable.

While were at it, why not blame Spencer for not covering that touchdown pass? (I'm not saying it was his fault, it was a well designed and executed trick play). Hell there are many little things we could point out like that.

Yet you blame Vernon for doing something which might have caused Morgan to go overboard, which might have given them 3 points, which still wouldn't have gotten us the lead, which had absokutely nothing to do with an absolutely atttrocious game plan.

Seriously?
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

your blaming the reason we lost on a celebration that he didn't get penalized for? Seriously?

You argue that he wanted other people to join him? How the hell do you know what his intentions were? He didn't do anything wrong, his teamate took it too far. Yet you blame his teamate taking it too far on Davis? Are you f**king serious?

Lets take this further....like another poster said even if there was no penalty, it's still a 48 yarder which is within an nfl kickers range.

We lost by 4 points. Pretty sure we wouldn't have won even with 3 less points even if the kicker had missed the 48 yarder.

Furthermore, what about the offensive play calling? Putting a goose egg up during the second half is certainly not acceptable.

While were at it, why not blame Spencer for not covering that touchdown pass? (I'm not saying it was his fault, it was a well designed and executed trick play). Hell there are many little things we could point out like that.

Yet you blame Vernon for doing something which might have caused Morgan to go overboard, which might have given them 3 points, which still wouldn't have gotten us the lead, which had absokutely nothing to do with an absolutely atttrocious game plan.

Seriously?

all I know is if Vernon would have tossed the ball to the ref and jogged off the field, he wouldn't have put his team mates in that situation.

Act like you've been there.
He may be second in line behind Raye as possible reasons we lost.

Dumb ass TD celebration that got them three points.

Absolutely no effort in tryin to get two feet down on a third down when the play was not vey difficult to do.

This guy has no sense of urgency and still isn't completely there when it comes to team first.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dude still is a jackass, but at least he can catch now.
The penalty was on Josh Morgan, not Davis.

End of thread.

[ Edited by GoFD74 on Nov 2, 2009 at 14:54:52 ]
Joe Cool: Are you kidding me?

the penalty was called on Josh morgan for going to a knee while pretending to take pictures of Vern. Get it straight Joe.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Vernon Davis is the least of my worries at this point. This year is his true breakout year and I hope we lock him up.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

Absolutely no effort in tryin to get two feet down on a third down when the play was not vey difficult to do.

This guy has no sense of urgency and still isn't completely there when it comes to team first.

The celebration was Morgans fault because he went down to a knee and took a fake pic of Davis. You can't celebtate in a group or go to the ground. The 3rd down catch, Davis has to do better and know where he is at.

Originally posted by GoFD74:

End of thread.

Epic fail!!!!!!!
Originally posted by susweel:
Dude still is a jackass, but at least he can catch now.

He caught a TD last week that was near the back where he didn't worry at all about pinning his feet down. It was a Td but most receivers will still go for the sure pin. He has missed catches before due to being nonchalant like this.
the penalty was not on Davis it was on morgan. Davis is a changed man he is a better man thanks to Sing.
Originally posted by GoFD74:

End of thread.

Originally posted by Joecool:

First of all, it wasnt VD who was penalized. It was Josh Morgan.

Second of all, Vernon Davis is the biggest option we have on offense and is a lock for the probowl this year.

Third of all, thee is already a thread on this
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=132614

Share 49ersWebzone