There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vernon Davis: Are you kidding me!

Take this call with the Spencer taunting call vs the vikes + many other questionable calls & I'm starting to think the refs are flat out against us. I'm fast becoming frustrated with the NFL & the 49ers. Paying nearly $300 for sunday ticket for 8 years is getting hard to justify to my girlfriend & myself.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
it wasn't on davis at all..

it was on morgan, and i called it before the ref even threw the flag...

davis was standing in the endzone posing, which is NOT excessive celebration, but then morgan came up, dropped to a knee and acted as though he was taking a photo of davis, then in the background you could see the ref pull the flag...

Yeah just a bad move by Morgan that cost us 3 points. Unless Raye can become more aggressive calling plays he will continue to stunt the growth of this offense & team.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
YOUR WRONG FOO!!!!!!

STOP BLAMING VERNON THE PENALTY WAS ON MORGAN

DO YOUR RESERCH B4 POSTING SOMETHING LIKE THAT NEXT TIME!!!!!!

Davis instigated it and he should have known better being a captain
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
For some reason they called it on Josh Morgan. I didn't see anything that caused the penalty though.

Btw, the penalty only led to a FG and it was before the first half. Not quite sure how the penalty correlated to a "4th quarter hole."

-9fA

The holding call was BS as well. The refs really wanted Penyton to win.
Originally posted by Jcool:
YOUR WRONG FOO!!!!!!

exactly. Why celebrate? you haven't won anything yet. I bet you wouldn't catch gore or willis doing that s**t.
do you have 4 touchdowns in your last two games? Thats right, shut up!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cooljon16:
do you have 4 touchdowns in your last two games? Thats right, shut up!

I disagree with any hate of VD. First he wasn't penalized, Morgan was because his knees touched the ground. Second he's been playing well and he was excited. He didn't do anything excessive or over the top.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
YOUR WRONG FOO!!!!!!

exactly. Why celebrate? you haven't won anything yet. I bet you wouldn't catch gore or willis doing that s**t.

He didn't celebrate at all for the 1st 6 td's this season so I don't know why he decided to today but what he did was nothing compared to any other celebration you see in every other NFL game. I've seen worse from players celebrating a tackle. The call was on Morgan b/c no one can join in a celebration & supposedly he did. Don't blame VD for being happy he scored. He's earned the right to celebrate this season.. It was a s**tty call. Period...
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
YOUR WRONG FOO!!!!!!

U guys make it seem like nobody celebrates after scoring a TD
its human nature
Vernon didnt go over board & went to Morgan & said hey follow my lead
he did it on is own
i didnt see a gun out there.
15 yards is not the reason we lost.
Originally posted by JoeCool031619:
Take this call with the Spencer taunting call vs the vikes + many other questionable calls & I'm starting to think the refs are flat out against us. I'm fast becoming frustrated with the NFL & the 49ers. Paying nearly $300 for sunday ticket for 8 years is getting hard to justify to my girlfriend & myself.

nvm...
Originally posted by Trajik1:
15 yards is not the reason we lost.

You'd be surprised.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
wasn't it Morgan that got penalized?

Yes. Morgan needs a davis talk from sing. send him to the locker room don't smile...put the fear in them.
Originally posted by Esco:
I disagree with any hate of VD. First he wasn't penalized, Morgan was because his knees touched the ground. Second he's been playing well and he was excited. He didn't do anything excessive or over the top.

It was pretty obvious Vernon wanted people to come up and pretend to take pics of him. If he would have throw the ball to the ref and run off the field to high fives and chest bumps like he has done the previous times this year, his team mates wouldn't have been in position to be called for excessive celebration.

That's why I blame Vernon even though the call went against 84.