LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Vernon Davis: Are you kidding me!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He's been in the end zone more than any other receiver this year. But the one time he forgets that, we have to kick off from the 15. If Indy didn't get those last three points, than we would have been playing for a FG and not had the urgency to have to find the end zone one more time.

It was pretty obvious Vernon wanted people to come up and pretend to take pics of him. If he would have throw the ball to the ref and run off the field to high fives and chest bumps like he has done the previous times this year, his team mates wouldn't have been in position to be called for excessive celebration.

That's why I blame Vernon even though the call went against 84.

[ Edited by global_nomad on Nov 1, 2009 at 15:51:52 ]
wasn't it Morgan that got penalized?
For some reason they called it on Josh Morgan. I didn't see anything that caused the penalty though.

Btw, the penalty only led to a FG and it was before the first half. Not quite sure how the penalty correlated to a "4th quarter hole."

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Nov 1, 2009 at 15:05:03 ]
They called it on Morgan but tv didn't show the celebration. They zoomed in on Morgan after the penalty though and he looked like he had just done something stupid
That was on Morgan, and there are way more plays to point at than this.
stupid celebration. Save it for when you win the game.
  • NemesisNiner
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
For some reason they called it on Josh Morgan. I didn't see anything that caused the penalty though.

Btw, the penalty only led to a FG and it was before the half. Not quite sure how that correlates toa "4th quarter hole."

-9fA

I agree, I don't think this really affected us (other than the 15 yards that we were penalized). I believe the Colts punted on that following drive anyway.
it wasn't on davis at all..

it was on morgan, and i called it before the ref even threw the flag...

davis was standing in the endzone posing, which is NOT excessive celebration, but then morgan came up, dropped to a knee and acted as though he was taking a photo of davis, then in the background you could see the ref pull the flag...
It was on Morgan. VD was celebrating, and he can't do that. But you can't do group celebrations, which happened once Morgan joined him.
We should have made up for that. It was before halftime, but it did. With Raye calling the plays 3 points are huge.

Btw, the penalty only led to a FG and it was before the half. Not quite sure how that correlates toa "4th quarter hole."

-9fA

Exactly.

That type of penalty still shows the 9ers need to mature more. You just can't commit stupid penalties that help the other team get a quick three points.
YOUR WRONG FOO!!!!!!

STOP BLAMING VERNON THE PENALTY WAS ON MORGAN

DO YOUR RESERCH B4 POSTING SOMETHING LIKE THAT NEXT TIME!!!!!!
Originally posted by NemesisNiner:

-9fA

I agree, I don't think this really affected us (other than the 15 yards that we were penalized). I believe the Colts punted on that following drive anyway.

They kicked a FG
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
YOUR WRONG FOO!!!!!!

STOP BLAMING VERNON THE PENALTY WAS ON MORGAN

DO YOUR RESERCH B4 POSTING SOMETHING LIKE THAT NEXT TIME!!!!!!

Maybe he means from a few years ago.
It would of been a 46 yard field gal still if we didn't get the penalty. So it was make able.
Share 49ersWebzone