There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official Jimmy Raye WTF thread

Originally posted by haggard:
It should be simple: GO WITH WHAT'S WORKING!!!

We're choosing not to do that for what ever reason.

Agree. We move the ball in the spread formation & score points, but yet we go away from it. Alex is very comfortable in this offense, but we only let him do it every now & then.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,831
f**k this. Just let Alex run the offense, he's smart right? Can't possibly be any more painful than what Jimmy Raye is making us watch.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I truly hoped Raye was bluffing when he said that he wouldn't change the gameplan with Smith in there.

I was wrong. He's just as stubborn as Nolan.

We moved the ball great when we went to multiple WR, up tempo offense but for some reason Raye doesn't see this.

-9fA

Yeah it's like oh that works, let's try something that doesn't
  • JulandEdward49
  • Info N/A
2nd and 20
Run for 2 yards

Are you kidding me?
Originally posted by A-R-S:
f**k this. Just let Alex run the offense, he's smart right? Can't possibly be any more painful than what Jimmy Raye is making us watch.

I think more QB's are capable of doing what Manning does, than people believe.

As of right now, we should try to run more of a shotgun/spread, which we can still use for screens/draws. We can still go into our ISO 2 TE set, can use PA out of it, and quick passes, mixed with power running. It should be a good 50/50 mix with those being our base formation.

Alex is average QB under the center, and excels in a shotgun offense, see's the field really well, and makes the right adjustments.

Maybe next year we can try and use him, like Indy uses Manning, and allow him to orchestrate the offense. It will be a whole offseason process, and I doubt this will happen, but I actually believe Alex can do it.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
This is long overdue. In this thread we can list all of Jimmy Rayes wtf was that playcalls..

Nov. 1st vs Colts

1. Draw on 2nd and 20
2. FB run on 2nd and long.

I don't fault the draw on 2nd and 20 too much. A lot of teams will try that, but it's just that it's ALWAYS what we do on 2nd and really long.

I got p.o.'d at the FB run on 2nd and long. I thought it was a "give up on Alex" play. He was playing well. Why not give him a chance. Or even run Gore? Didn't like the call.





LOVE THE THREAD TITLE!
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
This is long overdue. In this thread we can list all of Jimmy Rayes wtf was that playcalls..

Nov. 1st vs Colts

1. Draw on 2nd and 20
2. FB run on 2nd and long.

I don't fault the draw on 2nd and 20 too much. A lot of teams will try that, but it's just that it's ALWAYS what we do on 2nd and really long.

I got p.o.'d at the FB run on 2nd and long. I thought it was a "give up on Alex" play. He was playing well. Why not give him a chance. Or even run Gore? Didn't like the call.





LOVE THE THREAD TITLE!

the problem with the draw and 2 and 20 is that it almost always leaves you in a third and long. a pass is a much better option.
  • nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
We take absolutely NO shots down the field. None at all.

The one that works for us - multiple WR set and up tempo offense - Raye only uses it when the we're done by 21 points or have to run a 2 minute drill.

Draw play on 2nd & 20. Truly WTF.

-9fA

Agree 100% here. Can we please throw one ball downfield. For petes sake it is Alex's strength. Also can we keep the 3 wide reciever set and use the shotgun. Our O-line is terrible and now injured and Alex is awesome in the spread. We have some really good talent on offense we should not get shut out of points in a half. Let Alex play, he has earned it. I SAY TURN ALEX LOOSE!!!!!!!!!
I would welcome back Jim Hostler instead of having old senile Raye. Dude looks like he is going to croak in the booth. His playcalling is archaic and predictable WTF goes on in his old ass mind. Alex executed a PERFECT TWO MINUTE DRIVE but no he comes out in the second half and calls a crap game. I litteraly Hate Jimmy Raye, WTF was Sing thinking when he hired him that he brings like 40yrs of Football experience dude sucks as an OC always has always will. Dam You Jimmy Raye Dam you for ruining are chances to win today with your conservative nature. Jimmy Raye needs to be placed in a Nursing Home not in the booth next sunday calling plays!
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
We take absolutely NO shots down the field. None at all.

The one that works for us - multiple WR set and up tempo offense - Raye only uses it when the we're done by 21 points or have to run a 2 minute drill.

Draw play on 2nd & 20. Truly WTF.

-9fA

the 2nd & 20 draw was the most retarded play of the year
We just can't keep expecting AZ to lose, and in turn, look like we are in the race.
Just a sad display of offense in the 2nd half.
Raye is not a legitimate OC...just someone who took the job at SF since no one else was around.
Alex, once again, has a bad coach. He, by himself, needs to improve as well.

Three bad weeks.
When is MS going to learn that the offense moves when we let Smith pass the ball.
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
When is MS going to learn that the offense moves when we let Smith pass the ball.

I agree not Raye fault is MS problem. Identity crisis continues!
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
This is long overdue. In this thread we can list all of Jimmy Rayes wtf was that playcalls..

Nov. 1st vs Colts

1. Draw on 2nd and 20
2. FB run on 2nd and long.

Actually, I dont think thats that bad of a play call in and of it self other than the fact that our Oline has been unable to open any holes whatsoever.
Originally posted by haggard:
It should be simple: GO WITH WHAT'S WORKING!!!

We're choosing not to do that for what ever reason.